1st Song Done Of An EP

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by canteenboy, May 31, 2021.

Tags:
  1. canteenboy

canteenboy

Jan 30, 2007
    I play bass and I sing. I started writing in the last year. I was playing bass for an outlaw country type band for a bit. That dried up with the pandemic, so I started putting energy into writing and singing. This is lofi or something like that. No real drums. Just me and my friend who plays guitar on the track. I wasn't aiming for perfection with this.

FilterFunk likes this.
  2. canteenboy

canteenboy

Jan 30, 2007

3. canteenboy

canteenboy

Jan 30, 2007
    If you do check it out I'd appreciate if you gave me some opinions.

4. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    I like the song and the production. I wouldn't call it "lofi" but it's not as bright and trebly as a lot of recordings nowadays, and IMO that's a good thing. You might want to cut the length down to 5 minutes or less if you can.

Um...what's up with that on-the-floor action at 0:19?:eek::laugh:

5. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Sounds great to me, I like your voice and the simplicity of the production.
    Guitar work is very good too.
    The video seriously does nothing for the song.
    I get that it's probably meaningful to you but personally I enjoyed the song a lot more when I stopped looking and just listened.

6. canteenboy

canteenboy

Jan 30, 2007
    I think I'm hoping to record this group of songs in the not to distant future. I guess if I end up forming a band and having decent gigging. Thanks for the kind words about liking it. This song was my first effort at classic(in my mind)style writing. I hope the other songs I wrote grew a bit after I wrote the 1st. If that makes sense. I'm happy with the song but I hope I have better in me as I keep gaining experience.

The guy losing his mind at :19 was great. Him and poofy haired guy seem like a good bunch.

FilterFunk likes this.
  7. canteenboy

canteenboy

Jan 30, 2007
    Thanks a lot. I'm having the biggest learning curve with my voice. I think I'll be more comfortable in a year or two hopefully.

I think I should probably have an EP cover as the backdrop for the rest of the songs. I already have another video lined upnfor a song called Living The Dream but I might wanna do a backround for the rest of the stuff I put on YouTube. thanks for the feedback on the song.

Oddly likes this.
  8. canteenboy

canteenboy

Jan 30, 2007
    I appreciate you guys taking the time and giving me feedback. It's important to be introspective imo.

9. canteenboy

canteenboy

Jan 30, 2007
    Final bump in hopes for more feedback.

I do think I'm gonna cut down on the last set of 'why's' during the last chorus. Use a variation there to keep that chorus a bit more catchy hopefully.

10. canteenboy

canteenboy

Jan 30, 2007
    Also, I'm hoping I find where my voice naturally sounds more quality with work. I kinda feel like the bridge is a more comfortable place for my voice to work from. I also think the lower notes on the verse are better than the higher ones.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 24, 2022