1st Time Here.So chill..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Slip'nn2Darknes, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Well Just wanted to jump right in and hopefully I put this is the right place.
    Just joined tonight.
    I guess I wear the badge of NEWBIE.. But I'm a older dog.
    I just started playing Bass 7 months ago.
    My Gear is a Fender American Jaco Jazz Fretless.
    I am as you say a bedroom Musician.
    I spend about 2 to 4 hours a day playing my bass till my fingers hurt.
    I work out of my home so I can spend that much needed time learning.
    I've come from a long road of music background.
    I have a small but adequate bedroom setup which I store about 3.000 vintage Rock,R&B,Jazz LP's.
    My Bass players of choice are..
    James Dewar
    Francis Prestia
    Stanley Clark
    Bootsy :rolleyes:
    I really wanted to hang out here so that I could learn a thing or to.
    I'm not a youngster so I don't ask to many questions.
    Hopefully I will learn what it takes to hang out in here and not piss anyone off.
    As far as my opinion of Bass playing... A good Bass player is hard to find. And if your good... Let the world hear you.

Glad to be here.

Attached Files:

2. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    At least for me, and probably some other people, try not to piss us off by rubbing it in that you've been playing for 7 months and already own a Jaco :bawl: ...oh yeah, and always do a search before posting so that you don't get 5 angry replies telling you that we have a search function here.

That said, welcome :)

3. Your right I forgot the Jaco issue. IT was a xmas present which would explain why seven months of playing..
    Thanks for the update on the search info. I know how to do that. And I read the Faq. as well.
  4. WJF

Aug 1, 2005
    Hey, I just signed up as well. Guess I've been around the block a few times, too. ;)
  5. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Welcome to Talkbass. There is an abundance of very useful information on these boards; it quite a informative resource for anyone, regardless of ability/experience.

Again, welcome. :)
  6. Welcome! Ask what you must and contribute what you can........

7. vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    Welcome to Talkbass.... nice Jaco BTW.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome to Talk Bass :)
  9. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Your technique in the second picture is somewhat... unorthodox. The best thing about TB is that if you search hard enough, you can find a hundred threads on left and right hand technique to get you on track - and Welcome to TB!
  10. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    welcome to talkbass! nice axe!
  11. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    Welcome and you are my friend because you like me..We love Fenders :D
  12. adouglas

Jun 23, 2003
    Bridgeport, CT
    Welcome. Like everything else on the Internet, however, don't forget that the opinions and statements you read here are worth every penny you're paying for them.

To quote Frank Zappa: Hey, would I lie to you? Have I ever seen you before?

Would you automatically accept everything said to you by some stranger off the street as gospel? Use your intelligence and judgment. People can and do exaggerate and obfuscate to make their point sometimes, here as in every other walk of life.

Having said that, I've found that the crew around here does indeed tend to deliver good info.
  13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome to Talkbass!:cool:

We have a thread in Miscellaneous for introductions, but since you posted a pic of your bass, we'll let this thread stay in basses.:)

A friend of mine has a Custom Shop Jaco Relic fretless. One of the best fretless basses that I have ever played.:bassist:
  14. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    welcome to Talkbass - nice bass!
    don't worry about pissing people off, there's always someone with a smartass comment, no matter where you go. heck, even a lovable fella like me has been known to ruffle a feather or two! :D
    by the way, ya'll - i suspect he is holding the bass like that because there is no strap attached? without a strap, i kinda look like that too..

15. Well thanks to all. And to point out the comment about the finger postion in my picture. I knew I was going to get a reaction on that. But no worry's. I play with no pick (Hence no pick gaurd) and use the proper two finger mode. I took that picture after I first got it. I broke myself of that habit.

Thanks Mod for the staying of my mis-placed thread. I did go looking for the intro. thread but here I am.

You guys sound like I will learn stuff. Looking forward to cruzing around reading up on Bass playing..
  16. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Welcome to TB, now your first homework assignment is to learn teen town and record it for us to hear! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  17. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    wow..nice words i go for a Custom Shop in the next weeks,no fretless but is nice know they have good sound :D
  18. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Welcome to TB, hope you enjoy your stay. And as stated before, sweet bass.
  19. Andy3825

Jul 31, 2005
    Meriden, CT
    Hey, I'm new too, and as pretty much everyone said already, sweet bass. Welcome.