1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

1st WAVE! INVASION OF THE YAMAHA ELECTRIC BASS!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lovesbass, Mar 25, 2013.

1. lovesbass

lovesbass

May 16, 2009
    Hello Family!~
    THE INVASION OF THE YAMAHA ELECTRIC BASS GUITAR - THE Ist WAVE!~ During this time, 1975, we recorded albums, "Agharta" and "Pangaea", at that time a Japan release ONLY, BOTH recorded on the same day!~ :bassist: http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=miles+davis+agartha&tag=mh0b-20&index=popular&hvadid=1463663194&ref=pd_sl_2u4m8zo0tt_b

In the years prior to going to Japan, 1971-1972 (and rockin' em in concert, 1973) I received my new Yamaha Bass via US mail, I was told to "Give it a shot, see if you like it"! I used the bass pictured below for recorded tracks on such classics as, "On The Corner" by Miles Davis, "Marvin Gaye's - What's Going On - 40th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition" http://news.allaboutjazz.com/news.php?id=81485 ...And many others! This Bass Guitar was sold ONLY in Japan prior to being released in the US, 1969. When Yamaha corporation needed an endorsement from a reputable International touring bass player for promo purposes,

MichaelHendersonMilesDavis19752of4_zps24b8d5ad.
    ... I guess I was lucky! Now I see there are many notable bassist using the Yamaha Electric Bass!

Inquiries:
    starship2005@earthlink.net

JOIN MICHAEL HENDERSON ON FACEBOOK!~
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/MICHAEL-HENDERSON/125541064153597?ref=ts&fref=ts

Peace Out!~

2. mr.mow

mr.mow

Feb 11, 2009
    Melbourne
    Endorsing Artist: BBE/G&L Basses
    Pimp'n outfit! Those glasses are awesome!

3. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Hi Michael, one of my all time favorites is A Tribute to Jack Johnson. Very cool project, I paid close attention to the bass. I ended up taking it up later that year.

I happen to have a Yamaha BBn5a that I like a lot.

Best wishes to you!

4. Thanks for sharing Michael. Hope you still have the bass.

5. nagarjuna

nagarjuna

Dec 10, 2006
    The Gunks, NY
    Michael Henderson on TB. OMG!!!! Thank you for all the beautiful music you made. It touched me so deeply. Best wishes to you, sir.

6. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Awesome, Michael!

7. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    I spent hundreds of hours grooving to "on the corner" at some point- Michael is a MASSIVE bass player- much respect.

8. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    Hope he finds out i used him as the PERFECT example of the proper way to strap ones bass!
    Gonna flame war me across multiple threads? Weren't you banned for stuff like that for awhile?
    PM me if you wanna beef like a real man, in private.

9. peledog

peledog Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Love 'On The Corner'!!!

10. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    You're right. I deleted the earlier post. Sorry :D

11. klaus486

klaus486

Jun 27, 2009
    portland or
    sales geek Portland Music co.
    Pangaea is one of the most magical albums EVER! Thanx for the post and your body of work Mr. Henderson!