1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

1U Half Rack EQ for Live Use

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Johnnyglass, Aug 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Johnnyglass

Johnnyglass

Apr 14, 2017
    I've got an empty half space in my rack, and I was wondering, is there a half-rack EQ that's not designed for studio that I could use before my bass goes into my amp? Thinking that it'd be nice to EQ my bass for the room without having to rely on the amp (especially seeing as I love the EQ on my amp perfectly flat). I'd either put it in front or in the effects loop.

2. If you can find one the Scholz Rockman Instrument EQ is an amazing tool for stage and studio. Boss did a 21 and 10 band half rack that was also decent and a more affordable choice.

3. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Not sure why you specified one "that's not designed for studio", especially since you say your amp does have an effects loop, but fwiw the Speck ASC is quite possibly the best half-rack equalizer on the market, period.

4. Edmang

Edmang Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2013
    MA
    There is the old boss one... not sure how it meets your "not designed for studio" criteria

"boss rge-10" Gear