Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1x10´s. What´s out there?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, Jul 14, 2005.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    It´s time to pick up a 1x10 cab to combine with my Glockenklang 1x15. I want some more upper mid punch. I want a traditional P-bass sound but want to hear the sound of my bass rather than just the sound of a really colored speaker. What should I look at? My budget is also rather tight so used cabs is at the top of my list.
    Thanks

2. FInd a Raezer's Edge Bass 10 for sale while you can. Best uncolored cabinet ever.

3. Musicians Friend has Ampeg Portabass 110s for $199 online. I have never tried the portabass, but I have never had any complaints about the other Ampegs I have used.

4. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Acme makes a nice single 10" cab.

Riis

5. toddcotham

toddcotham

May 12, 2005
    Lubbock, TX
    If it were me, I would save up and go for an Avatar 210. A 115 and a 210 should be able to hit anywhere you'd need it to.

6. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Epifani sports a 110.

7. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    The problem is that the 15 is probably going to end up over powering the 10, meaning that the 10 wont even be heard. I'd recommend that you get atleast a 210

8. Jock, how about an Eminence Legend B102 with whizzer cone?

You could drop one into a sealed (D2) cabinet of 0.50 cubic feet (14L) net volume. Easy to build, and no tuning required. Either bi-amp or use a 2-way crossover at 500 Hz, such as the Eminence PXB2:500, which has an 18dB slope on the B102 side.

9. pondus

pondus

Mar 28, 2006