Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by milo, Feb 6, 2005.

1. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    I see the new Yamaha 1x10 combo and 1x10 sub on the net.
    How these tinny (1x10) boxes sounds with 5 or 6 string bass?
    Any user who play trough 1x10 ?

Post some picks of 1x10 rig

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    some interesting 1x10's to look at would be the bag end 1x10, the epifani 1x10, and a few other i forget as of now :p
    they can be good, in my experience you need to have two or more to really get much in the way of acceptable volume and low end.

3. tommytoughnuts

tommytoughnuts

Jan 26, 2005
    i'm sorry but the 1x10 thing has never seemed like a good idea to me. go for at least a 2x10. Even a 1x12 would be better. :D

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    There are some very good 1x10's out there. Some of the more exceptional models would include:

Epifani T-110UL
    EA VL-110
    EA CxL-110
    Accugroove Tri 110
    ACME Low B-1
    Raezer's Edge Bass 10
    Hevos Midget

I do often like to pair up a 1x10 with a 1x12 (such as the Epifani T-112/T-110UL), or with another slightly differently voiced cab (such as the EA VL-110/VL-208), but in many cases, two 1x10's can really kick. One 1x10 can suffice in a low volume setting, and some of them even do the low B justice (at lower volumes). The only 1x10 that I have tried that can do a loud low b all by itself is the Hevos Midget. Mine is a 4 ohm cab, and just that one little cab with my WWU is sufficient for just about any loud rock practice or for stage volume. Seriously!

5. I have both the EA CXL-110 and the Raezer's Edge Bass 10 (which is tiny) - neither speaker is tinny - if I need loud, then I can always use the CXL-112, but I've never had to do that yet…

- Wil