1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1x12 Cab Recommendations for MiniMark?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Andy Brown, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    Ok... I'm convinced I really like the MiniMark. I had a little issue with noise, but through process of elimination and through tweaking of the VLE, issue is resolved.

I want to pick up a nice 1x12 cab, and with the glut of options out there, I was wondering what would be recommended.

Has to be 8 ohms with power handling of > 250W.

2. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    Genz-Benz Neox 112... 300 watts / 8 ohms, light, full, sweeeeeet!!!

3. sonicnuance

sonicnuance Commercial User

Aug 30, 2003
    California, USA
    Engineer & Owner, Sonic Nuance Electronics
    The Avatar SB112 is 250W RMS I believe. I have owned several of their cabs and they are high quality. The older Delta LF equipped ones (I have one) are heavier and handle 500W... I'm considering selling mine.

4. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Epifani UL112 - 300watts @ 8ohms - 30lbs

I regularly use mine (series I) with my LMII and I can't imagine a better cab for it! This little cab has great punch and detailed mids, as well as very musical highs. IMO, Epifani has the best sounding tweeter in the business! I don't think you can go wrong with one of these little monsters.

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Here's my last 1x12 shootout, but I hope to update it soon with the EBS Neo112, Epi UL-112, and a bunch of Bergs, namely the HT122s, HT112ER, EX112ER and AE112.

6. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    darn, no plans for including the GB NEOX 12 and/or Epi PS112 in that shootout?

7. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Thanks guys!

8. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    I certainly wouldn't mind doing either one, but no definite plans for either just yet.

9. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Throw a UL112 in your review if you get a chance as well. ;)

10. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Oops! Forgot to mention that above.

11. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Much appreciated. I see from your shootout that you covered the t-112, and mentioned the UL-112 only briefly. As I've owned and used mine for sometime, I have my own opinions and views on it. However, I'd always like to know what you and your GTG crew have to say about it in a direct shootout with other cabs.

12. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    Before I found the Genz Benz Shuttles (or more correctly, before they were released), I very nearly decided to go with a MiniMark. I was going to lay it sideways on top of my Genz Benz Neox112t, and was also going to experiment with the Neox in both its regular position and on its side, like this:

[​IMG]

I've obviously stuck with Genz all around, but I do think that the Minimark's 250 watts into 2x6" + the Neox would be a great little rig. That's the Shuttle 3.0 head in the picture, and even just putting 175 watts into that Neox112t, it rattles the windows.

Good luck, whatever you decide.

Cheers

13. sonicnuance

sonicnuance Commercial User

Aug 30, 2003
    California, USA
    Engineer & Owner, Sonic Nuance Electronics
    How does that NEOX handle the B string?

14. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    Extremely well. I hang down low on the B a lot with one group I play with, and it works great.

Cheers

15. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Nice rig Liam! Thanks for responding.

16. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    liam, get your cab over to tom's so he can review it in his comparison! hehe jkjk

and mr brown you have awesome taste in beer. thats my fave