1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1x12 cab shootout(for what you can get in australia)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chazburger, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Aguilar GS112- RRP$1295AUD

15 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Eden 112XLT- SRP$940AUD

10 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Markbass 1x12- Price Unknown

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Schroeder mini12+- $1050AUD direct

7 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. EA Wizzy- $960AUD direct

10 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. Bergantino HT112- $970AUD direct $800 for a limited time

35 vote(s)
    38.9%
  7. Bergantino AE112- $920AUD direct

7 vote(s)
    7.8%
  1. chazburger

chazburger

Aug 31, 2007
    Australia
    Hey guys. Well I've been looking at stacks of 1x12s to go with a little mark II but I'm from the country in Australia so I can't really test any out. This cab may also be an extension cab for a Nemesis NC210 before it becomes a main cab for the little mark so I would like some help with that 2;)

The cabs I have posted on the poll are all cabs that are available in Aus and have caught my eye. (also if anyone knows any sites that are importing Epifanis down under olease let me know) Here goes!

2. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    dr. bass

3. chazburger

chazburger

Aug 31, 2007
    Australia
    Whats Dr. Bass?

4. chazburger

chazburger

Aug 31, 2007
    Australia
    Oh, also I forgot to put the normal Schroeder 1x12 in the poll so yeah i just thought I'd metion that another contender.

5. chazburger

chazburger

Aug 31, 2007
    Australia
    Also about the Schroeder 1210 where are the woofers? I can only see one on the front and cant find the other one.

6. -Sam-

-Sam-

Oct 5, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Okay I voted Wizzy because i have one and i love it. But they are 4 ohm so for a stack you need 2 ohm which the LM2 dosent do. I have also tried the berg HT112 and the schroeder, the berg had a nicer tone for me, i found the schroeder to have an upper mid hump which put me off it. Also BassPeople in sydney now does epifani and schroeder so i say give them a call or visit. Sweet

7. MarkMyWordsXx

MarkMyWordsXx

May 17, 2006
    aggie sounds great with the lm2.

8. Schroeder has one front firing speaker and one which is set behind and at an angle fires downward, if you look at pics of the cabs you can see it behind and to the right of the front speaker. I didnt vote because I dont have any experience with any of these cabs. Oh and as someone else mentioned drbasscabs.com

9. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    Genz Benz has dealers in Australia, I think. Yes, I'm an endorser ... but I became one in part due to the fact that the Neox112t cab just completely blew my mind. If you can find one to try, they're very much worth checking out. Other than that, I really like Wizzy's if they work for you impedance-wise. And I've liked every Berantino 12 I've ever touched. I played Eden D112XLTs for a while, and if you *really* want aggressive mids, they have it. I find the other cabs (especially the Neox) to be much fuller in the lows.

Good luck! I love 12's!

10. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    The wizzy stack is great. I used to own 2 wizzys. I think you can special order them 8 ohm now. Love the schroeder sound but the minis are my least favourite. The front firing ones are pretty nice though. I love the epifanis too. I have a UL112 and have a UL110 on the way. They are my first choice if you can afford them.

11. damianerskine

damianerskine

Jun 15, 2005
    Portland, or
    Endorsing artist: Skjold basses,Zon basses,Aguilar,D'Addario,GruvGear
    someone asked about these. Tried them out at NAMM. Very nice. small, sounded great and a very nice guy...

http://www.drbasscabs.com/

12. adge

adge

Jun 8, 2006
    sydney, australia
    the only place i know that you can get epifani's (in aus) is Bass People...

i know that because i work there....

oh and by the way i would probably vote for the epifani, but noone says a bad word about the EA's....... but, i havent heard them...

13. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    I would go with a Genz-Benz NeoX 1x12.

Barring that, one of the Bergantino cabs - I haven't heard much about the new AE112 but the HT112 is certainly no slouch!

14. I like my GS 112, but I'm not sure that I'd pay AUS $1200 for it.

15. go the berg man, for 800 you cant go wrong man

16. GeorgeG

GeorgeG Commercial User

Jun 15, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Owner of Bass Gear Direct
    Regarding, the EA Wizzy112 and Wizzy M-Line 112, they both can pre-ordered in 8 ohm versions at the same price.

17. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    Almost everyone had a different answer. How's he ever going to pick a cab if everyone doesn't recommend the same thing?

:bag:

18. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I love my GS112s with my LMII, but no way I'd suggest they are right for you without knowing what kind of sound you are going for. Especially if they end up being your most expensive option. Too bad you can't give all these a listen and decide for yourself.
    Anyway, here's mine...
    familyphoto2008.

19. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    Because:) he's going to have to use his ears. There are very few similarities between those cabs.
    I wouldn't even pay that much for Ag GS112, Meyer yes.
    OP read the BP 1x12 shootout review and ignore the winner and just read their merits.
    The sonic descriptions are pretty on. Again real audition.
    Hey OP, do you do rock or articulate stuff?

20. fretster

fretster Advanced Beginner Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2005
    Moraga, California
    Well, there are the poll answers, which show the Berg outstripping the rest by 3x. As of this moment, that is!

Since real auditions are not an option, listening to TB opinions is the next best thing. Well, the alternative might be to buy a bunch of these cabs over the net, audition them in the comfort of your own home, and send back the ones you dont like. You probably have to pay the shipping expense.