1x15 or 2x10 Help please !

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by drd07, Jan 20, 2003.

1. drd07

Jan 19, 2003
    I need some advice. I've got a fender studio bass head (200w all tube). I definately am going to go through avatar. I figure if I don't like it, I can return it, but I've heard great things about them.

Here's my situation. I live on the 3rd floor, no elevator. A 4x10 is out of the question. Should I go with the 1x15 or the 2x10? I can only push 8ohms and need to use this cab as a stand alone. Maybe I will add later, but that is not for sure! I play mainly rock, brit rock, classic rock. Don't really do any slap. What do you think I should go with?
  2. If you are going with avatar then you should look at the B112 or the B115H. They will give you better low end than 2 10's but both have horns so they will give you the high end you could get from the B210.
  3. jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    What kind of bass are you using?

For a four-string, the 10s will be okay, but they won't do justice to a five.

Personally, if I had to choose one or the other, I'd go with the 15 -- I just like the round, low-end tone you get out of 15 better than the tight punch of the 10s.

I have one of each, but when I only use one cab, I use the 15.
  4. Im going through the same problem.
  5. You said you live on the 3rd floor and have NO ELEVATOR. Obviously you will need the portability and light weight.
    In that case and IMHO, I would recommend the Avatar C15 if you want some low end and the B112 if you want a little more defination and midrange and a little less low end.
    Their 18Hx18Wx15.5D and weigh 40 LBS. each. The B210 is compact too but may not give you the lows that you may be looking for or like.
    And remember you have 14 days to return them if you don't like the sound.
    The 200 watts [@ 8 ohms] you have should drive any one of these cabinets with no problem.
  6. drd07

Jan 19, 2003
    Thanks for the advice everyone! I think that I'm going to go with the b115h. That was my first choice, but when I was searching the forums, a lot of people seem to choose 2x10 as a stand alone rig. It kind of got me thinking.

Living on the 3rd floor sucks when I have to transport! I can handle the b115h compared to the b112. It only weighs 5 pounds more! I knew that I was working out for something!

I hope it sounds great through my 5 string thunderbird!