1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

1x15 stage rig, your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by biff malibu, May 12, 2006.

1. what could i expect if i put a roadready mesa 1x15 cab with a G-K 800rb?

im playing a jazz bass and need something portable, well priced, simple, reliable, and able to keep up with a loud drummer. im not much for needing a lot of high end spank. the sound i need is more smooth jazz/dance rock, type stuff. im not playing jazz...but, i need a very 'smooth jazz' type sound, low, full thick.although it is kind of gritty dance rock type stuff. ya know like eh...kylie minogue meets the clash.

go here www.myspace.com/theoutpatientsdallas

listen to "Right way" for an example.
    we just played in new york without a drummer (used our "electro" backing tracks) where i was using some hartke backline rig that was provided for the show.
    we have to fly for shows sometimes (ala NYC) so thats another reason for the small, ata level (or close) rig. where most places are not going to offer a backline rig.

thanks guys.

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    It should sound very good with that cabinet for what you want. Expect to be able to easily dial in the sound you want and get a bit of grit by backing off the master and pushing up the input.

3. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    I get a killer tone with my Thunderfunk and Ampeg Classic 1x15 cab (with no tweeter!). I use it at practice or for smaller clubs.

In your case, for larger venues I would have a second or larger cab though.

4. i am always open to other suggestions btw. my concerns are being able to get the right sound to go both direct and mic'ed, and be a commanding enough stage volume although anywhere i play will always have an adequate enough pa (we dont play yard parties and the like, is all im saying) the band is very stark, visually and would like something kind of toungue in cheek like with a curly cable going into a big single speaker instead of the more cliche 8x10. :p

5. actually, for all intents and purposes, i may just run strait to the pa and leave it at that. the band is drums bass vocals played live, with keys and strings running on backing tracks. and the band will most likely be running on in-ears within a couple monthes. whadda ya think?