Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1x15 to match swr 2x10?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by funky71, Jul 9, 2004.

1. funky71

funky71

Feb 18, 2004
    Here's my situation -- I currently play thru an swr 350x and Goliath Jr. III 2x10. I'm looking to get a 1x15 to round out my sound and the obvious choice is the swr Son of Bertha. However, i'm open to other manufacturers -- does anyone have any suggestions as to what might mate well with my current rig? Thanks much.

Oh, and I play in a funk band that has been gigging in small bars/clubs, if that matters.

Cheers!

2. The Junior is a good match with the SOB. The 15 doesn't add huge bottom end, but it does round out the sound...very nicely. I've been using this rig for about 9 months, it's definetly a keeper. I just added another Junior...2 of those sound really good, even without the 15. But if you're looking to add a little booty, the 15 is the way to go. It's extremely tight, and focused. You can't go wrong with this cab.

3. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith

Sep 9, 2001
    I have that exact rig(350+GIIIJr) and am planning on the SOB, but also curious if anyone's got any opinions on a better cab.