1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2.0s?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Kipp Harrington, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Are these the "new" 2.0 Progressives? 20200326_185619.jpg

2. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Brand Identity & Development, GHS Strings, Innovation Double Bass Strings, Rocktron
    No.

3. I though as much. Thanks for the clarification, Jon!

4. I was in conversation with Matt at Strings By Mail a few months ago, when I wanted to stock up on a few extra 130B's. That's when he told me the ones he was ordering would still be the old version with 36.5" winding length/ Then I noticed those singles were posted on their website shortly after I had talked to him. That's when I suggested it would be best for them not to say anything about the 2.0 version yet. Doesn't look like he took my suggestion, unfortunately...

5. iiipopes

iiipopes Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Look on the Progressives thread. Jon Moody himself says that due to the virus wreaking havoc, Progressives are far down the priority list. And yes, I shall be patient, so I don't become a patient. What's a set of bass strings compared to thousands of viral deaths?