1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2 1x15 handmade cabs FS

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by mr.redpants, Nov 29, 2004.

1. mr.redpants

mr.redpants

Feb 6, 2002
    Philly
    I have two homemade 1x15 sealed bass cabs MADE IN AMERICA. I made these cabs 22 years ago. They are solid. They measure 18"W, 26¼"H, and 21½"D on the outside. Interior measurements: 17"W, 24¾"H and 20"D. These are built from very good quality plywood, in some places it measures ½ in, and in others it is 5/8 in thick. I loaded the cabs with Sunn Magna Speakers, 8 ohms per cab. The back of the speaker states "Sunn Magna 158, power rating 80 watts RMS, part number 81-0145." I used these cabs for 2 years using a Fender bassman 50W amp. Used maybe once or twice over the last 20 years. They still sound good. Each cab weighs in the 60-70 pound range. They could be used with a head, as extension cabs, sound reinforcement, back up cab, or the start of a custom project ... or buy your favorite speakers and DIY. As you can see, there is enough room for a port and a midrange/tweeter.
    Considering the cost/pound ratio, I will not pack to ship. Local pick up is required. I live near I 95 between Philadelphia and NYC. Please email for pick up info or questions. I originally posted these @ $300 for the pair, and no takers. Hmm ... how about $250 ?