1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2 1x15's VS 1x15 & 2x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FunkHead, Oct 14, 2013.

1. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Cheers: I have an Eminence deltalite Neo 15 that I am thinking of getting an empty cabinet for. My thought is to put it on top of my Avatar 1x15 loaded with a Kapplite 3015LF. This would be instead of my normal setup of a 2x10 on top which is loaded with Eminence Neo 10's. This is all 4ohm and MY LH1000 is good down to 2 Ohms (4ohm per channel). I have an offer on the 15" to sell it and just want to be sure I won't regret it later. I am extremely happy with the 15 & 210 on top setup but.......
    .....What differences could I expect in the Tone? Would I get more Bottom end overall?

Thanks for any advice.

2. So you are running the mids/highs through the 210? Are the 10's side by side?

A 115 will have better dispersion in the mids than a side by side 210. As far as how else it will sound, that will depend a LOT on the box it ends up in.

3. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    Each channel is identical from the Hartke LH1000. The 10's are Side By side. I do have the Horns off completely on Both Cabs.

4. I cant remember, is there a crossover on that amp, or just a power balance knob?

5. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    Just a Balance Knob. I leave it right in the middle & it's great that way, I could turn the 2x10 vertical but it's fine Horizontal plus the feet lock in to the B115 Cab. My thought is to sell the 2x10 Cabinet and run with 2 single 15's.

6. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    Any more thoughts on this?

7. I dont really know man, I wouldnt want to run the 3015LF full range in the first place. I also wouldnt want to run two different cabs full range (with out a cross over). Add in the fact that you dont have the new cab built to hear how it pairs, its a crap shoot.

What are you hoping to change about your sound?

8. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    I Love my sound but was thinking that 2x15's could get more Thump, Punch & Bottom end compared to 1x15 & 2x10's. If I went for a second 1x15 Cab, it would be another Avatar with X-over. I do know that the Avatar 2x10 will handle more power than the 15 but I don't need it. I never get above 2.5 on the LH1000's volume and that keeps up easily with the drummer. Maybe I just need to experiment more with the EQ. My last 2 shows were outside on Concrete(Covered Dance Floors) so it's hard to judge anything from that.
    LIke I said, I am happy but just more curious than anything about going the 2x15 route.

9. I would not get another 1x15 cabinet if was happy with the sound I had now. There doesn't seem to be any compelling reason to. Experimenting with the EQ or possibly even with another amp would probably be more productive. If I had the money to try different things then I might but otherwise I wouldn't.

10. +1

If he could try the new cab and A/B with his old one, then he could make a decision. Spending money on "what-ifs" is fine, if you are not going to miss the cash. But you have to understand that the what if may come back as a turd that wont flush.

11. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    Thanks. Points well taken. I have a few offers for the 2515 so I guess I'll just sell it.