Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2 2x10's

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jaybo, Aug 19, 2002.

1. jaybo

jaybo Guest

Sep 5, 2001
    Richmond, KY
    I've been considering a few different cabs and it's occurred to me that having two 2x10's would make much more sense for most gigs since I drive a very small car. Anyone on here run this speaker set up? How's it sound? How's it sound compared to a 4x10 of comparable quality?

2. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    What amp are you using? Have you considered adding a 1X15? I have a 2X10 and 1X15 and am very happy with the tonal range :D

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i like the dual 2x10 setup better. much nicer punch. 15's just feel too slow and feel like they lag behind the 2x10 to me.

4. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    I played through two 1x15's for ages (don't ask me why, just too lazy to change them I guess). I've always thought that my sound was a little on the "loose" side.
    In an effort to tighten up my sound, I recently got two GS210's and I'm very happy with them.
    Now I just need to get me a more powerful power amp for them, my present power amp only delivers 155W per channel into 8 ohms. The amp that I want to get puts out 475W per channel at 8 ohms.