1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2 2x10's

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jaybo, Aug 19, 2002.

1. jaybo

jaybo Guest

Sep 5, 2001
    Richmond, KY
    I've been considering a few different cabs and it's occurred to me that having two 2x10's would make much more sense for most gigs since I drive a very small car. Anyone on here run this speaker set up? How's it sound? How's it sound compared to a 4x10 of comparable quality?

2. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    What amp are you using? Have you considered adding a 1X15? I have a 2X10 and 1X15 and am very happy with the tonal range :D

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i like the dual 2x10 setup better. much nicer punch. 15's just feel too slow and feel like they lag behind the 2x10 to me.

4. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    I played through two 1x15's for ages (don't ask me why, just too lazy to change them I guess). I've always thought that my sound was a little on the "loose" side.
    In an effort to tighten up my sound, I recently got two GS210's and I'm very happy with them.
    Now I just need to get me a more powerful power amp for them, my present power amp only delivers 155W per channel into 8 ohms. The amp that I want to get puts out 475W per channel at 8 ohms.