Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2 410s, what to do...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Metallkasten, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Could i get two 410s and put them either on different ends of the stage or right next to each other?

2. PJR

PJR

Jun 20, 2001
    N.E. PA
    Sure...could do either.

:)

PJR

3. I'm not a big expert on acoustics and electronics, but I know that using long cables decreases the power sent to your speaker cabs... SO if you put your cabs very separated from the head, you could notice an important lose of volume.

4. PJR

PJR

Jun 20, 2001
    N.E. PA
    In theory yes....you would have some signal loss ... but in reality...unless you were on a gigantic stage, anything less than 25 ft would be minor....perhaps a 2-3db loss, depending on wire gauge and length.

PJR

5. It was just a thought. I was thinking 'bout getting two avatar 410s, but their combined weight plus the weight of a head exceeds 100 pounds, which is the limit for the casters avatar offers, however, i really want casters.

6. PJR

PJR

Jun 20, 2001
    N.E. PA
    Uhh......so place the cabs on stage so the castors are on the side.

Would be better anyhow....so they don't roll.

:)

PJR

7. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    1) Get some heavy-duty casters. First of all, you really don't want some small, 2-inch casters on your cab. Not because they can't handle the weight-they can...they will just get caught on just about any obstacle/crack and be a genuine pain. I suggest a minimum of 2 1/2 inch diameter with a width of at least 1 inch.

2) Build a caster board. Cheap. Easy. You can strap the cab to the board or just sit it on top, either to move or leave on stage.

3) Buy a hand truck. Best solution. You will undoubtably run into a stage situation when your cab wants to roll downhill when you don't want it to. Using casters mounted to the cabinet, you have little choice but to try and chock the wheels with something. If you are using a caster board, simply remove it. With a hand truck there is no problem. Plus, you can use it for all of your other heavy gear as well as for toting refrigerators, washing machines or perhaps the trash cans to the curb. Best deal I've seen is the 'D' handle Milwaukee hand truck with 10" pneumatic tires for $29 at Home Depot. I also have one of the import folding aluminum hand trucks that Lowe's sells for $39...all of the musician catalogs sell the same thing for $79.

And you wondered why it's called rock n' roll

Kim

8. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I'd stack em to get the benefit of acoustic coupling. You won't have to drive the amp as hard to get the same volume.

And you'll avoid arguements with whoever stands on the other side of the stage - they won't want your gear taking up their space. I know what I'd say if my guitarist turned up with an extra speaker and tried to shove it at my end of the stage - it would get ugly.....

9. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    I have this hand truck, and with the exception of the tire the needs air every 24 hours, it hauls an Avatar 4x10 perfectly. I have casters on mine, but it works just fine on it's side...since there are protective corners on it.
    2 x 4x10!!! Woooo please warn us before you fire up this monster, we may need to tie our computers down.:D

10. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    I think when casters are rated for 100lbs, it means each individual caster is rated for 100lbs... so on paper, you get a total handling of 400 lbs.

11. how many ohms are these casters?

12. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    LOL............

2 ohms each. So 8 ohms per cab. Screw them in Parallel for a total 4 ohm load.

13. but then would you need to install a differential....you know, for cornering?