1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

$2,500.00 bass for $499.00 at Sam Ash!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Michael Jewels, Sep 25, 2003.

1. This is the sickest mark down I've ever seen:
    A Hartke XL4 bass, which Sam Ash says lists for $2,499.00 is now being sold for $499.00! :eek:

Also, A Yamaha BB-404 four stringer: List $499.00
    on closeout now for $219.99 - and there are only 15 left as I write this.

I don't know if anyone's interested, but I just figured I'd pass it along.

www.samash.com - click on basses

These two should be on the first page. While you're there check out the stuff on closeout too.

Good luck,

Mike

2. I just went there to check it, and the page has changed already.

For the Hartke XL4, just go to 4 string basses, and click on "Brand" - Hartke.

Mike

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    are these basses any good? :p

4. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    There were only Two Reviews over at Harmony Central, but both guys seemed to absolutely love it. That seems like a fantastic price.

5. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    I saw these Hartke basses in a store not too long ago. They were very well made and I was really tempted to try one until I carried it, it was one of the heaviest basses I've ever(tried to) carry.

6. I never bothered trying, I get skeptical when I see an amp company making instruments...

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    They can do this magical price reduction of vaccaro.... I mean Hartke basses becasue it's a Hartke.

Hartke is owned by Samson
    Samson is owned by ASam Ash.

8. So, wait, is this worth buying? cuz i am in the market for a new buddy now.

9. I played one at my local Sam Ash and I wasn't that impressed with it. It's not BAD...but if they thought it was worth $2400 maybe they should look at what $2400 wiil REALLY get you.

MTD? Warwick? Esh? Benevente? Zon? American Spector? NOT a Hartke!

That being said, the stell with wood neck was very nice and the active EMG's with active EQ is nice - but the thing does weigh about 12 - 14 lbs.

It's not a bad deal for $500 though. Just make sure you get the full warranty.

IMHO, of course... ;)

10. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    What price do you guys think is fair for an MIA P and Jazz bass?

Peace
    Nick

11. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    i don't think they are worth buying... I have played on one of them before at a Samash.... for $399... you can get a MIM Fender that sounds much better....