Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

$2,500.00 bass for $499.00 at Sam Ash!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Michael Jewels, Sep 25, 2003.

1. This is the sickest mark down I've ever seen:
    A Hartke XL4 bass, which Sam Ash says lists for $2,499.00 is now being sold for $499.00! :eek:

Also, A Yamaha BB-404 four stringer: List $499.00
    on closeout now for $219.99 - and there are only 15 left as I write this.

I don't know if anyone's interested, but I just figured I'd pass it along.

www.samash.com - click on basses

These two should be on the first page. While you're there check out the stuff on closeout too.

Good luck,

Mike

2. I just went there to check it, and the page has changed already.

For the Hartke XL4, just go to 4 string basses, and click on "Brand" - Hartke.

Mike

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    are these basses any good? :p

4. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    There were only Two Reviews over at Harmony Central, but both guys seemed to absolutely love it. That seems like a fantastic price.

5. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    I saw these Hartke basses in a store not too long ago. They were very well made and I was really tempted to try one until I carried it, it was one of the heaviest basses I've ever(tried to) carry.

6. I never bothered trying, I get skeptical when I see an amp company making instruments...

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    They can do this magical price reduction of vaccaro.... I mean Hartke basses becasue it's a Hartke.

Hartke is owned by Samson
    Samson is owned by ASam Ash.

8. So, wait, is this worth buying? cuz i am in the market for a new buddy now.

9. I played one at my local Sam Ash and I wasn't that impressed with it. It's not BAD...but if they thought it was worth $2400 maybe they should look at what $2400 wiil REALLY get you.

MTD? Warwick? Esh? Benevente? Zon? American Spector? NOT a Hartke!

That being said, the stell with wood neck was very nice and the active EMG's with active EQ is nice - but the thing does weigh about 12 - 14 lbs.

It's not a bad deal for $500 though. Just make sure you get the full warranty.

IMHO, of course... ;)

10. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    What price do you guys think is fair for an MIA P and Jazz bass?

Peace
    Nick

11. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    i don't think they are worth buying... I have played on one of them before at a Samash.... for $399... you can get a MIM Fender that sounds much better....