Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2 8-ohm cabs with my Eden wt400

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Basschair, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Hi folks,

First off, I did do an extensive search and found some great info. I also read the owner's manual, and got more great info. What I need is some clarification. My WT 400 has two 1/4" outputs on the back. I have a 210xlt at 8 ohms and a 112 xlt, also at 8 ohms. Would hooking both of these cabinets up be as easy as plugging one to each of the outputs, in order to get a parallel setup?

Forgive my ignorance, but I've never actually had two smaller 8 ohm cabinets before, and I'm stoked to see what I can do. Any help you could lend on wiring (or just a "yes, dipturd, it'll work that way") would be great. Thanks!

-bc-

2. Yes. Just get speaker cables with 1/4" plugs on both ends, hook 'em up, one to each speaker jack on the back of the Eden, and you'll be providing it with its optimum impedance load so it'll produce its maximum ouput power spec.

3. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Thanks Whacker, I found that info in my wt 400 manual last night (after digging it out of the closet).