Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2 Accu-Bass ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bplayerofdoom, Aug 22, 2002.

1. bplayerofdoom

bplayerofdoom

Aug 6, 2002
    R.S.M.
    I've heard a lot about the epiphone accu-bass, Good and Bad, but my question is Is the epiphone Accu-bass Jr. The epiphone Accu-bass? Do people just leave off the Jr. or is it a re-release version, a cheaper version, A smaller version (ok I know its not that one). What is it. O and Don't make fun of it and call it a P-bass clone, because The P-Bass is acually an accu-bass clone.

This question assumes the top question is yes they are the same. I heard the Accu-Bass is built like a tank and high quality despite the cheap price. I'm Assuming their cheap for cheap eletronics and stuff so if I love the body ( despite a few scrathches errrrr) would it be worth scraping the insides for new stuff.
    In other words if I put good stuff inside, is the body high quality enough to make it a high quality bass without having to buy a new one?

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i'd like to see proof of that.

3. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
  4. bplayerofdoom

bplayerofdoom

Aug 6, 2002
    R.S.M.
    o. sorry. well anyways I've heard by mouth the P-Bass is a clone. I decided to myself to find out for myself. I have spent the last few hours doing extensive research on the 2 models. The Fender Precision Bass was created in 1951 for a louder easier to play Bass. It introduced the frets on basses. As for the Accu-Bass history. Cant find one yet.

As for my own question I have found this. The Accu-Bass is not the Accu-Bass Jr. Still dont know why its called a Jr. The only diffence I have found so far is the jr has a wooden binding and the regular has none. ( i dont know what a binding is).

5. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    you can edit your posts buddy.

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

LMAO! You are funny! That's the best one I have heard in a long time! Do you have any more?

7. bplayerofdoom

bplayerofdoom

Aug 6, 2002
    R.S.M.
    OK the clone comment sounds a little retarded but thats what I heard. O and Thx for the edit tip. O and haha because now peeps see your edit tip reply but not the mistakes i edited.

8. Wrong again, we can see that you edited that post. It says last edited by bplayerofdoo at whatever time and date you did it.

9. fadlan bassman

fadlan bassman

Oct 23, 2001
    Austin,Tx
    Are you high?? You know that the P-bass was the first electric bass, frets for precision for the double bass players.

10. embellisher

Actually, there were others before it, but one of them most certainly was not the Epiphone Accubass. The P bass was the first mass produced, commercially successful fretted electric bass.

11. jpwinters

jpwinters Guest

Aug 22, 2002
    Norfolk, Va
    All the extensive research I have done on basses, I've found that the Precision bass was the first Solid Body Electric Bass, not just the first one to be mass produced. There were electric uprights before it, but they weren't solid body. The precision is the Father of the solid body bass. It has no clone.

12. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :rolleyes: word of mouth?

here's some facts - epiphone didn't start making solid body electric basses until after they were purchased by gibson.

to answer your question, i'd get a mim fender p bass instead. there are few gibson/epiphone basses i'd call "high quality" at any price.

13. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    a fender p-bass a clone? HA!!!
    if anything the accu-bass is the clone. and in fact it isn't even a clone. a clone is supposed to be exactly the same as the original.
    it can be a copy. a very poor copy at that.
    a clone he says!

sorry to make fun of you like that!:D

A CLONE!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

and i just found out that christina alelagra (spelling?) is a clone of brittney spears!!!
    i heard that by word of mouth ha ha ha ha.
    sorry i had too.

steve

14. embellisher

My extensive research(assisted by other members of this forum) leads me to believe that the Audiovox was the first solidbody bass guitar, although there may be a yet undiscovered precursor. Check out this link: http://www.vguitar.com/brands/details.asp?ID=48