Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

(2) Aguilar GS212's - 8 ohms each

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by AlexB, Jun 19, 2004.

1. AlexB

AlexB Guest

Mar 21, 2004
    MA
    I'm putting these up to see if there might be any potential interest in them. I'm thinking about getting a Bergantino cabinet so I'm just seeing what I could get. I bought them new maybe 6-8 months ago from Jack Read (readcustom.com). Still have original boxes. They handle 600w each. They weigh 70lbs each but that seems like nothing when I have to carry my SVT around too. One has removable casters. In excellent/very good condition. Not really sure about pricing on them... They have an $899 retail price, and are about $650 new now I believe. I need enough to fund my Bergantino cabinet. I will have better pictures available on Monday night, but until then I only have a couple general pictures. PM me, or e-mail me and make me an offer. You can check out specifications at aguilaramp.com. Thanks!

Alex

2. Disquieter

Disquieter

Jun 1, 2004
    a small bump for excellent cabs.

If i wasn't paying off a wal i would buy one.

I might still buy one.

donkey
    J

3. AlexB

AlexB Guest

Mar 21, 2004
    MA

4. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Alex how did they sound with the ye old SVT powering them? did you find you had enough power for both cabs? I'm currently looking for trades for my EA VL210 cab :D

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    If I hadnt put off selling my Eden 210XST cabs so long I might jump on this.

I have two (4 ohms each) and they are avaiable for trade if you are interested.

6. AlexB

AlexB Guest

Mar 21, 2004
    MA
    The SVT definitely put enough power into these things. That amp is loud :eek:

Thanks for the interest guys! I'm actually not really interested in trades right now because I already have my heart set on which cab I would like.

7. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    Had this been here a couple of days ago, I would have made your dream come true.

I just bought two 112's on Friday to tide me over till I can get my 412 in July.

Good luck ! :)

8. Disquieter

Disquieter

Jun 1, 2004
    just out of curiosity, how much do you want for one 2x12.

rig=aggie 2x12, 1x15 and mesa m2000. awesome.

more 2x12's are fun though.

I just hope i don't get in trouble.... ;)

9. AlexB

AlexB Guest

Mar 21, 2004
    MA
    Maybe $500? Two 2x12's never hurt anybody ;)

10. AlexB

AlexB Guest

Mar 21, 2004
    MA
    Top the top...

11. Disquieter

Disquieter

Jun 1, 2004
    hmm..we'll see what's going on once i finish my big move...

12. AlexB

AlexB Guest

Mar 21, 2004
    MA
    Sounds good :) If you need to, you can reach me via PM/e-mail.

13. AlexB

AlexB Guest

Mar 21, 2004
    MA
    One cabinet is sold, one is still for sale...

14. basspro2

basspro2 I'm seeing Gorillas...

Apr 6, 2002
    Northbridge, Mass
  15. AlexB

AlexB Guest

Mar 21, 2004
    MA
    PM sent back...

One GS212 still up for sale!

16. AlexB

AlexB Guest

Mar 21, 2004
    MA
    Buyer backed out of the first cabinet, so both are up for sale still. Here are some pictures taken last night..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. AlexB

AlexB Guest

Mar 21, 2004
    MA
  18. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Check his feedback... I recall paying for a rack via Paypal and getting the run-around from this guy. One of our current mods alerted me that he had sold it on another board or was still trying to sell it on another board even after I had paid. He kept saying it was shipped and this and that but never sent tracking info. He did refund my money but not until I joined and posted about the situation on that other site... THEN, I got FAST results. He refunded and said even if the rack showed up for me to keep it and then we'll worry about the money aspect. Well it was certainly no surpirse that it never showed up. Sure, it wasn't a heck of a lot of money but that's not the point.

He has also been here under the name "As the sun sets" and at least one other that I saw... ASSMan or something similar to his ebay ID. Personally, I'd proceed with caution. :spit: :scowl:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3733669269