2 Amp Setups?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by anyonefortennis, Aug 6, 2005.

1. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    Anyone use 2 amps at the same time?

I curious about how do you guys connect the 2.

Do you daisy chain the amps? Use stereo effects? a/b/y boxes?
  2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    yes lots of us have
    my favorite way is to run into amp #1, run a cord from the tuner out of amp # 1 to amp #2's front input. that way each amp is independent. using a y cord before both of them (or an a/b/y box) would do the same thing. occasionally you'll run into two amps that have out of phase inputs (you'll know because your bass response will vanish)

another option allows you to use your favorite sounding amp to drive both. plug into amp #1, run a cord from the effects send or preamp/line out of amp #1 to the effects return or poweramp in of amp #2. each amp will have itsvolume controlled by the master volume. you wont use the preamp and eq section of amp #2 at all.
  3. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    So say forinstance I have a Kustom groove bass head. I could plug that into 2 8ohm cabs correct? Then take a 1/4 cable from that groove bass's effects out and plug it into the input of another groove bass which is also hooked up to 2 8ohm cabs?
  4. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    The Groovebass goes down to 2 ohms, so you can hook up all four cabs to one groovebass without frying it.
  5. i believe the grove bass goes down to 2 ohms, doesnt it?
    you could use 4 (8) ohms cabs with 1 head...

but to answer your question
  6. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Wow.....that would be loud.

Ya I knew it could go down to 2ohms I was just saying 4 ohms so it would be easier.