Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2 ashdown questions.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sloppysubs, Apr 25, 2004.

1. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    ok first, if an abm head (the 900) runs 575 watts @4 ohms, what does it run @ 8ohms? is it less than 300 or no?

also does anyone here use ashdown cabinets? how do they sound, what are they conparable too? im looking for something that has mean sounding low end, with very pronounced mids and crisp articulate highs (i shoudl be a salesmen at GC). thanks for the help.

2. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    bump and i found out somewhere that it runs 320 watts @ 8 ohms.

3. fleetwood

fleetwood

Aug 29, 2001
    Swansea UK
    Ashdown amps are great. But having said that, I've just parted with my ABM 115/500 as it was just too heavy for my bad back. I still have my EL 130/15. But all those qualities you require you can get (unbelievably) from a Gallien-Krueger MB150E. This micro bass is just something. Apart from the wattage, 100 or 150 with additional 8 ohms, its depth of sound is on a par with the big ashdown (sub excepted) but has great clarity and good control of the mids with its 4-band Active Eq and Parametric Midbands control. Oh, and it weighs 24lbs !!!