1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD ** 2 AVAILABLE ** David Nordschow Amplification DNS-112C Cabinet

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by yousaiditman, Jul 25, 2016.

1. yousaiditman

yousaiditman Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2011
    SoCal
    DNA
    Price:
    $475
    Local Pickup: $475/cab or $900 for both cash
    Shipped CONUS: $525/cab Paypal

(Bass Central sells these for $699 each plus tax and shipping.. hell of a deal IMO)

Up for grabs are two DNA DNS-112C's (Located in SoCal) If you're not familiar with David Nordschow Amplification (DNA) gear, these are absolutely phenomenal cabinets.

I'd rate these conservatively at 9/10 in case your looking for mint condition cabinets. Pics should say it all. I take great care of all my gear and these cabs are no exception. Clean, smoke and stain free and have never been pushed.

Brief specification summary below, see website for all the details: DNS-112 - David Nordschow Amplification

Power Handling: 450 W RMS - 900 W Peak
    Impedance: 8 Ω
    Sensitivity: 99dB @2.83V/1M
    SPL: 129 dB SPL max
    Frequency Response: 32Hz to 14KHz
    Size: 14.5"H x 21"W x 16"D
    Weight: 45lb (ceramic)
    Coverage Pattern: 60 degree
    Tuning: 40 HZ Flaired port

Great review on the 112C: DNA DNS-112C Review by Eric Parsons

"..I was pleasantly surprised to discover how much bigger this cabinet sounds than the outer dimensions would suggest. I started out with my Fender Precision bass and found that the cabinet provided an impressive amount of heft and punch. The DNS-112 could produce a significant amount of usable volume while still sounding very pleasing and musical. I decided to up the ante and plugged in my Ernie Ball StingRay 5 to really test this cabinet out. The low-end extension of the cabinet was tight and controlled even with the low B. The high’s were present and well articulated without sounding harsh when popping and snapping the strings. Later on, I discussed the musicality of the high end response of this cabinet with David Nordschow and he explained that he uses a Phenolic diaphragm in the tweeter just for this purpose. Apparently this design more gently rolls off the high end which avoids the metallic sound that can occur with other high frequency drivers, thereby reducing ear fatigue."

This is probably the best comparison on tone and quality for this cab. Check it out below.

Please PM me if you have any questions.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    punchdrunk and G RICH 5 like this.
  2. diglo

diglo Supporting Member

May 21, 2007
    SMYRNA, TN
    Get up! Get Get Get Down!
    Pm'ed

3. lpbfender

lpbfender

Jan 7, 2012
    Stamford CT
    Great cabs!

yousaiditman likes this.
  4. LowBSix

LowBSix Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    PM

5. bassman28

bassman28 Bass Pluckers Owner Posting in Talkbass Bazaar Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    Basspluckers.com
    I have the 1350 head,two 112s and a 210. Incredible precise tone. If you were closer I'd grab them.

yousaiditman likes this.
  6. yousaiditman

Jan 23, 2011
    SoCal
    DNA
    Wow, sounds like you already have an incredible rig. I'm thinking of getting the new DNA 800 next year when I have the $$. David's gear is outstanding.

7. dinoadventures

dinoadventures Feets don't fail me now!

Jul 10, 2015
    Dallas, TX
  8. yousaiditman

Jan 23, 2011
    SoCal
    DNA
    Getting a lot of bites.. but no one seems to be taking the bait!! This is an awesome 2x112 stack and well worth the $$. DNA make very versatile and powerful 112 cabinets especially when paired with a powerful head unit. I run these with an Orange TB1k and the rig just kills.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  9. Quackhead

Quackhead

Jan 17, 2012
    Elk Grove, CA
    Are you willing to sell separately?

10. yousaiditman

Jan 23, 2011
    SoCal
    DNA
    Yep, but I guarantee you are going to want both for flexibility in terms of practice vs. small to medium sized gigs. Running across another DNA 112 cab to have the pair at a later date will be hard to find unless you buy new. Just my 2 cents from experience.

PM me if you have anymore questions.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  11. yousaiditman

Jan 23, 2011
    SoCal
    DNA
    .. and both are sold.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021