1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2-band EQ recommendations

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Doctor J, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Just picked up an old Aria Pro II SB-R80

Controls include a pair of stacked Vol-tone for each pickup, plus a three way pickup selector... I'm thinking there's a bit of overlapping there, it's not all entirely necessary. I was thinking about replaing the second volume and tone with a stacked bass-treble boost instead, but keeping the passive tone on the other stacked knob. I've got a Bart NTCT on a Bacchus 5 which is very nice indeed, anyone else got any other suggestions worth thinking about?

2. Aguilar OBP-1 & Sadowsky are both similar in that they are 2-band, boost-only with Fc's @ 40Hz & 4kHz...

I'm seriously consider a Volume, Blend, Stacked B/T, & Passive Tone on a 4-knob bass of mine.

3. hmmm...interesting...+18dB like the OBP-1...Fc's are slightly different... the +6.5kHz on the treble will introduce more "shimmer" without really affecting the overall tone of the bass.

4. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I haven't had mine long enough to provide a real opinion, but look into the Glock 2-band.

5. Skelf

Skelf

Apr 15, 2005
    Moffat D&G Scotland
    Builder AC Guitars.
    East BTB 01.

6. Rano Bass

Rano Bass

Sep 9, 2006
    Tijuana Mex.
  7. I've had great luck with the Aguilar OBP-1 (9v) and OBP-2 (18v). Of course, this is assuming your passive pickups sound good to begin with. The bass control on the Aguilars is centered at the perfect frequency. I've installed 3 of them & the results have always been fantastic. Good luck!

8. audere

9. Rano Bass

Rano Bass

Sep 9, 2006
    Tijuana Mex.
    You're right, it's four treble frquencies.:oops:

10. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Thanks everyone, I've been having a look at the suggestions, I'm still trying to find someone saying something negative about the OBP-1 :)