2-Band Stingray back for sale (or trade)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Tom F, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Tom F

Tom F

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    I bought a P-bass today, so this is back for sale. Specific trades also accepted - see below for details.

My original for sale thread (which became a for trade thread) is here.

The Stingray is a 2003, black with a black pickguard and maple fretboard. I've always preferred the 2-band EQ on Ray's, and this one is no exception.

Condition wise, the 'Ray isn't perfect - here's everything I could find:
    • It has a couple of dings around the edge of the body on the back (one small ding is through to the wood).
    • There are also some belt buckle scratches on the back, that you can't really see unless the light hits them the right way.
    • The fretboard has some dirt/wear as well, typical to a newer maple board 'Ray.
    • Pickguard has some scratching, but is more of a matte finish, so it's not too visible
    I've tried to capture as much of this wear as possible in pictures linked below. Honestly, the front of the bass is in great shape, and you can't see most of the wear from a few feet away. Just trying to describe everything as fully as possible.

Looking for $850 shipped (continental US only), and includes the hardshell case, and a set of Ernie Ball group II flats that were cut for and installed on a Jazz bass. Trim the G and you're in business. I only ship through the UPS store, and have them do the packing.

Trades include Mesa Walkabout 1) combo or 2) head+cash. Will consider other similar heads/cabs. No basses at this time.

Link to picture gallery

Thread where I originally got the bass is here.

IMG_1042.jpg

2. PM sent.

3. Tom F

Tom F

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    All PM's responded. Thanks guys!

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021