1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2 bands at once?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by dain bramage, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Do you think thsi could work for a while? A pop-punk band and a hardcore punk band are both wanting me... should I take both bands?

2. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    If you think you could devote equal time to them, and that their schedules wouldn't clash too badly, I'd say got for it!

-Dash

3. It could be good to be in two bands if they have a show at the same place the same night....

4. theshadow2001

theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    Ireland
    Just as long as they both know

5. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    You definitely have to start out with both bands knowing.

It's going to add a layer of complication to scheduling gigs.
    But, people do it all the time, so if the bands are ok with it, and you want that much activity, go for it.

I'm looking for - and haven't found yet - a second project myself.

6. I should... the hardcore punk band shares 2 members with another band, except the drummer of the other band plays guitar for the hardcore band.

7. Seattle_BassMan

Seattle_BassMan Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    I've worked in up to 3-4 bands at the same time, although this seems to be a little more common in the country scene. Just be up front and make sure everyone knows the score going in.

8. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    Make sure you have enough time for 2 bands. I didn't...

9. my friend is in 3. you could do it.

10. Robbiethebassis

Robbiethebassis

Mar 29, 2006
    I'm in 3 right now. The practice times sometimes conflict, but so far I'm not having any problems. of course one of the 3 doesnt meet except every like week. so that might change things, if they are were pretty active.

11. I'm in two, as long as you have time for both of them, if you don't leave one simple as that