Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2 bass gig bag??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by eric atkinson, Jan 11, 2005.

1. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Hey i see there is crap-tons of 2-bass gig bags out there but what one should i buy? I am really tired of taking cases to band practice! I use flight cases for gigs but want a really really secure strong gig bag that fits 2! Talking top of the line stuff!!! Any help?? :bassist:

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Good to see you back, Eric.:)

Top of the line, eh? I use the Incase DUB bag. It protects my basses darned near as well as any hardshell case except a flight case. It has neck supports and tons of storage too.

http://www.goincase.com/prod_guitar/prod_dubbag.php

Probably the best $200 I have ever spent. Yeah, that's pretty pricey, but if I take my #1 and #2 basses with me, it's protecting $5000+ worth of basses, so $200 is cheap IMHO.

3. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Ahh yeah i have been here just reading cause i am sooo buisy with my band! Never get to read responses! But its starting to chill out a bit now! Thanks for the tip! That sounds just like what i want! Cause yeah with both my babies in there it would be a hell of a loss! I would just have to shoot myself in the head if i lost a bass!

4. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
  5. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Sorry wasnt sure! :meh:

6. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I looked EVERYWHERE for an incase dub bag a year or so ago and no one had 'em in stock. They look great. Gard from BC hooked me up with an Undercover double bag (in Green Bay Packer green of course) and it is a first rate bag. Nice and padded.

7. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Guam
    since the dub bag is no longer available, what is the general consensus here of the best double bag? I've seen Undercover double gig bag mentioned a lot in a few threads, it seems the dub 'was' the best one available but it it the Undercover now?

8. I heard good things about Ritter gigbags and will in fact be a ritter-gigbag owner myself in a few days.