1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2 Bass gig bags?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DarkMazda, Aug 15, 2007.

1. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    hello all!! How are you? I don't know which section this should be in, but I have a serious question that I would like to ask all of you

Are there such things as a 2 bass gig bag? If so, which ones would you recommend for such thing?

Thanks in advance

D

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
  3. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Thanks for the quick reply xgabriele! I tried that link out and it takes me to an error page on TB

4. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    hmm.. the link works for me. Anyways, just do a search on "double gig bags" using "thread titles only" and you'll get the results.

5. Philthy

Philthy Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2001
    Flanders, NJ
    Yep, they do exist. I use them exclusively when gigging. Much easier than lugging two hardshell cases around. I have a Ritter, which has served me will. Fender and Gator also make them as well. I like them and highly recommend them. Good luck!!!

6. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    I have both a Under Cover double gig bag and a Roscoe double gig bag. Both are almost identical, nicely padded with a tough cordura outer shell.

7. richnota

richnota Gold Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Santa Cruz
    i got a beautiful leather one from low end bass shop and a cordura version made by Reunion.

I just love the convenience of being able to take two basses without any real hassle. One thing, when its two Rob Allens it doesnt matter but if you move two heavier instruments be sure to get one with double shoulder straps.

8. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    Make sure your basses will fit first, too. I have an Undercover double bag (thanks Craig!), but my MTD Artist 5 is a good 1.5" too long to fit into it, let alone a pair of them :( I also have two Line6 Variax five-strings, but I can only fit one at a time, because they are too thick and it won't zip closed! It's like the whole thing is 10% too small for me, haha. Anyway, just a word of caution - try before you buy.

- Dave

9. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I use a Mooradian Double Electric Bass bag. Works great-there's a divider that you can take out and it becomes one big bag. I bought it from Sadowsky.

10. zazz

zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    Cebu
    i got one with peavey stamped on it...its great ...needless to say it came free with a bass that wasnt a peavey.

11. choo5

choo5

Apr 15, 2004
    sydney, australia
    ibanez make a few at a good price, check them out.