1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2 bass songs?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by therex, Mar 24, 2009.

1. therex

therex

Jun 24, 2007
    lima
    basically the bass teacher at my school, who is an awesome jazz/latin player wants to jam with me and suggest me to find a song for 2 basses
    any ideas
    crazy slapping and groove is a plus

2. the engine

the engine Guest

I know there was a book put out of Bach duets for bass. Other than that I'm not sure. I would google or go to Amazon and look up bass duet. Good luck!

3. Just take any popular song, one of you play the backing line while the other plays the vocal melody and can play around with it. You can switch back and forth at each verse or however you want to do it.

4. Green Mind

Green Mind

Aug 28, 2007
    BC/AB, Canada
    Any song by Dos is played with two bass players. I'd highly recommend them.

5. There's a youtube vid of Lydia that's two basses and a drum synth that's pretty good that you might use as a basis for playing. There are also some James Jamerson pieces with what they sometimes call 'tic-tac' bass - originally a double bass with P bass, later a p bass with an extended range bass (5 or 6 string) that were interesting to listen to. (Can't remember any of the song titles, sorry, it was someone else's compilation cassette that I was listening to, not the original CDs...)

6. IanStephenson

IanStephenson UnRegistered User

Apr 8, 2006
    Check out the Bass Extremes CD's/Videos/Books by Wooten and Bailey.

Perhaps not what you want, but it will give you some ideas.