1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2 basses, 2 bows for sale

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by bassbaterie, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassbaterie

bassbaterie

Dec 14, 2003
    Houston Texas
    Director, Quantum Bass Center
    FS a 3/4 carved Korean bass in great condition, made 2001. Shown above in the avatar. Plays easily. Good student bass, well set up. Nearly-new Helicores. Asking $2800.

drilled for Laborie endpin.

A pretty good German bow, nothing fancy but plays really well, very old, restored to perfect condition. $400

I can ship out in my trunk and I also have a bass cardboard box with fitted styrofoam. I can arrange to take payment by credit card where I work. E-me for photos.

2. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    PM sent

3. a couple of PM's sent last week...
    is the french bow still available?

4. Stan Haskins

Stan Haskins

Nov 17, 2005
    NY and Miami
    Are both of these still available? The Korean looks kind of like one of Lemur's "Sunrise Del Mar" models - is it?

Thanks -
    stan

5. Stan Haskins

Stan Haskins

Nov 17, 2005
    NY and Miami
    PM sent

6. bassbaterie

bassbaterie

Dec 14, 2003
    Houston Texas
    Sorry to the folks who wanted the photos of the French bow - I had consigned it to luthier friend thinking I had pics in my computer. I didn't, and haven't been able to hook up with him to get any, and then he decided he wanted it himself. So that one's off the list.

7. bassbaterie

bassbaterie

Dec 14, 2003
    Houston Texas
    Both basses are still for sale - the Korean one IS identical to the one Lemur sells as a Sunrise del Mar, with the black engraved brass tuners, but was made on commission for a bassist in LA, who I bought it from around a year ago. Not that there's any essential difference, but supposedly they built it just for him as opposed to sending him one "off the shelf". Anyway the Sunrise should serve as a comparative value although I don't see anything too special about the wood on this one and it is not antiqued. Mine is playing really nicely these days, I moved the sound post around a little and it has opened up a bit in the last few months. Still in pretty much perfect shape, as is the bag, as it rarely leaves the house.

8. bassbaterie

bassbaterie

Dec 14, 2003
    Houston Texas
    Sold the 5/8 Tyrolean, the Korean 3/4 seen in this avatar is still for sale...

9. bassbaterie

bassbaterie

Dec 14, 2003
    Houston Texas
    Finally got some pics of the German bow, I can email them if anyone's interested. Would really like to sell it - I'll take $350, even.

10. jdapodaca

jdapodaca

May 25, 2006
    El Paso, Texas
  11. bassbaterie

bassbaterie

Dec 14, 2003
    Houston Texas
    Just the Korean bass left, and its road trunk.

12. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
    Sold?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.