1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2 cabs 1x15 homemade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by mr.redpants, Jan 9, 2003.

1. mr.redpants

mr.redpants

Feb 6, 2002
    Philly
    I have two homemade 1x15 sealed bass cabs available for sale or trade. I made these cabs about 20 years ago with a drummer I was playing with at the time. They are solid. 8 Ohms each. They measure 18"W, 26¼"H, and 21½"D on the outside. My best guess for interior measurements: 17"W, 24¾"H and 20"D. My best recollection is that these are built from very good quality plywood, in some places it measures ½ in, and in others it is 5/8 in thick. I believe we loaded the cabs with electro-voice speakers rated to 150 watts. I used these cabs for 2 years in college using an old Fender bassman 50W amp. Used maybe once or twice over the last 20 years. They still sound good. Each cab weighs in the 60-70 pound range. They could be used as extension cabs, sound reinforcement, back up cab, or the start of a custom project. As you can see, there is enough room for a port and a midrange/tweeter. $150 for one, I’d prefer to sell the pair for $300. I might trade for the right first rate 1x12 cab. At this price/weight ratio I am not interested in packing them to ship. I live near I 95 between Philadelphia and NYC.
    Interested? Contact me and maybe we can work something out. Thanks.
    Pics: http://members14.clubphoto.com/kevin652070/1096145/owner-9a5c.phtml

2. mr.redpants

mr.redpants

Feb 6, 2002
    Philly
    Very functional.

3. mr.redpants

mr.redpants

Feb 6, 2002
    Philly
    anyone interested ???