Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2 cabs 1x15 homemade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by mr.redpants, Jan 9, 2003.

1. mr.redpants

mr.redpants

Feb 6, 2002
    Philly
    I have two homemade 1x15 sealed bass cabs available for sale or trade. I made these cabs about 20 years ago with a drummer I was playing with at the time. They are solid. 8 Ohms each. They measure 18"W, 26¼"H, and 21½"D on the outside. My best guess for interior measurements: 17"W, 24¾"H and 20"D. My best recollection is that these are built from very good quality plywood, in some places it measures ½ in, and in others it is 5/8 in thick. I believe we loaded the cabs with electro-voice speakers rated to 150 watts. I used these cabs for 2 years in college using an old Fender bassman 50W amp. Used maybe once or twice over the last 20 years. They still sound good. Each cab weighs in the 60-70 pound range. They could be used as extension cabs, sound reinforcement, back up cab, or the start of a custom project. As you can see, there is enough room for a port and a midrange/tweeter. $150 for one, I’d prefer to sell the pair for $300. I might trade for the right first rate 1x12 cab. At this price/weight ratio I am not interested in packing them to ship. I live near I 95 between Philadelphia and NYC.
    Interested? Contact me and maybe we can work something out. Thanks.
    Pics: http://members14.clubphoto.com/kevin652070/1096145/owner-9a5c.phtml

2. mr.redpants

mr.redpants

Feb 6, 2002
    Philly
    anyone interested ???