1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 2 Channel Acoustic Image Clarus PLUS, 800W, BRAND NEW LATEST MODEL!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Rumblefisher, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Price:
    775shipped
    Up for grabs is a brand new 2 channel AI Clarus. I bought it a few months ago for $965...since that time it's been used twice...at home (no pets, no smoking). This is as brand-spankin-new as it gets...for alomst $250 less than getting it from a dealer (but in the exact same condition as if you did). AI Customer service is first rate, warranty transfers. They stand by their products, and the are bullet-proof to begin with.

I have 2 Acoustic Image amps and no need for both...one suffices. As far as trades go, looking for something with a defining character (this amp is very flat response, which is great for many, many applications). Ideally a Tecamp Puma. I am NOT looking for any cabs, thank you!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  2. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    up

3. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    More details added to description as well as pictures. This thing is mint, as in, not a speck of ANYTHING on it.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  4. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
    I've owned three AI Clarus amps and they're among my all time favorites. In my case, I preferred the Clarus over the Genz Benz, Gallien-Krueger, and Markbass amps they replaced.

Rumblefisher likes this.
  5. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Thank you Jxbass! It is indeed wonderful, I actually have 3 of their amps, and I don't need the 2 channel one.

6. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Me too. I switched from the 2 channel version to the single channel Series 4.

7. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    up

8. BassQ

BassQ Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2010
    Boston, MA.
    PM Sent

9. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    looking to sell only now, price drop!

10. james condino

james condino Spruce dork Supporting Member Commercial User

Sep 30, 2007
    asheville, nc
    Your front control panel black and white image is not the same model as in the photographs. The photos show the older model with the combination input jacks. The new model has separate xlr and 1/4" on each channel allowing for different options; 'still a great amp.

11. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Ah, you are right about having the wrong panel, but you are incorrect about it being older. It's a series 4 clarus plus, and yes there is a version available with two XLR as opposed to the combo jack. Thanks for pointing that out!

12. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Lovely amp, very clean, detailed, tons of headroom.

Right now I prefer a different sound though...something my mediocre playing can hide in!

13. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Moving on from clean, accurate reproduction to something more round...ideally a walkabout or a puma.

14. peterpalmieri

peterpalmieri Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    Any interest in an EA doubler?

15. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Sold. Thanks guys