Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2 channel amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by [SD], Apr 8, 2004.

1. [SD]

[SD]

Feb 24, 2004
    I Would like to know what's your opinion on two channel bass amp, clean and distorsion channels, and if you know any good ones, or if the distorsion sound can be achieved with just and overdrive pedal getting the same feel of a valve overdrive

2. Aristotle

Aristotle

May 12, 2002
    Easton, MD
    In almost every case better distortion can be found elsewhere, it seems more like a novelty and less of a usefull addition.

3. Baofu

Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    WA/CA
    I thought the Ampeg BSP was pretty cool... check out www.basstasters.com for clips... Guitar amps use two, or even more, channels in general, and the sentiments are almost the opposite of Aristotle. Of course, we haven't even discussed tube vs. ss distortion, etc. YMMV.

What I feel is that it's nice having a quality od (or distortion, whatever floats your boat) in a pedal, so when you branch out into other amps, you've still got that nice od to travel with you, not just localized to one amp. But, guitar and bass amps are different beasts.