1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2 channel bass DI

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by moonliner, Mar 21, 2013.

1. moonliner

moonliner

Jan 22, 2009
    Seattle
    Hey all,

I'm looking for a 2 channel bass DI to make switching back and forth from acoustic to electric bass a bit more smooth, for me AND the sound person.
    Does anyone have a fave? I hear EBS has a good one, but it's rather expensive..

Thanks

2. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    Radial Tonebone.

3. snaverb

snaverb

Feb 19, 2007
    Atlanta, Ga
    VT Bass Deluxe

4. moonliner

moonliner

Jan 22, 2009
    Seattle
    Thanks, those are both great units. The VT seems cool, but does more than I would need (amp modeling). I think something with just a bit of tone shaping would be good.
    I really appreciate the input. I play lots but know nothing about gear! :rolleyes:

5. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Are you looking for two different EQ's or just the ability to leave both plugged in and switch with the press of a button?

6. moonliner

moonliner

Jan 22, 2009
    Seattle
    Well, the more I think about it the more I realize I should have two different EQ's. might have to go with the EBS.

7. Radial Tonebone does that but the EBS is good too, I expect.

8. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
  9. moonliner

moonliner

Jan 22, 2009
    Seattle
    What about just a 2 channel bass switcher DI, no EQ function. Mute switch would be great.

10. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The only ones I know of are surprisingly expensive. The less-expensive route is to get an A/B switch box and a separate DI box.

11. synaesthesia

synaesthesia

Apr 13, 2004
    UK
    Find a used Rane AP13. It will do electric, acoustic, take mice, has graphic EQ, hi pass filter to kill subsonics etc. Love it and love mine.