1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available 2 Clean Markbass NY 604's

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Basso Profoundo, Sep 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Basso Profoundo

Basso Profoundo Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Indiana
    Price:
    $750.00
    Both cabs are clean and have only been gigged a few times, here are the specs:
    IMPEDANCE
    8 ohms
    SPEAKER SIZE
    4x6 in.
    BASS PORTS
    rear
    TWEETER
    1" compression driver with custom horn
    POWER HANDLING
    600W RMS (AES Standard)
    CROSSOVER FREQUENCY
    3.5 kHz
    FREQUENCY RESPONSE
    45 Hz to 18 kHz
    SENSITIVITY
    100 dB SPL
    WEIGHT
    33lbs / 15 kg
    WIDTH
    17.09 in. / 434 mm
    HEIGHT
    17.09 in. / 434 mm
    DEPTH
    16.85 in. / 428 mm
    new_york_604.jpg__1980x1980_q85_subsampling-2.jpg

$750.00 for the pair, Looking for Genz Benz Uber or Genzler cabs to match up with my Streamliner 600 or Ampeg SVT Cabs preferably the SVT AV212. Additional cash will depend on the value and condition of the trade.
    I will not ship these so Northwest Indiana and Chicago area only...Thanks

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    Marley's Ghost and G RICH 5 like this.
  2. mam1862

mam1862 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Richfield, Ohio
    These are great cabs. I had a pair awhile ago and they were solid.

Basso Profoundo likes this.
  3. Basso Profoundo

Jun 2, 2002
    Indiana
    They are surprisingly deep for their size for sure

4. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Great compact cabs! They are in my main gigging rig.

5. I had a pair of these too. Loved them. This is very tempting and I could come pick them up from you. Hmm....

6. Basso Profoundo

Jun 2, 2002
    Indiana
    Looking for a local sale or trade. Would consider an Ampeg SVT 212AV as a trade

7. Marley's Ghost

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I see it hasn't been mentioned yet that you can't buy these from MB anymore. They are made in Italy. I've been gigging mine for 5 years and they are amazing. The 2 cabs together are like a mini 1200 watt 4 ohm 8x10, and have the equivalent cone area of a 4X12. All in a 17" cube footprint and 33 lbs each. I put them in the trunk of my Acura RL with room to spare.

mam1862 and Basso Profoundo like this.
  8. azwipe

azwipe

Jul 9, 2013
    Washington, DC
    I don't have experience with these cabs, but knowing Markbass I'm sure they sound great. This quote about the surface area is inaccurate though, since the surface area of a circle is Pi(r^2). So the 2x604 stack has about 226 square inches vs. the 452 square inches of a 4x12. (Numbers are ballpark - the equation for a cone is probably a little different).

Of course, the equivalent surface area of a 2x12 is nothing to shake a stick at. Just looking at the specs the 604 would seem to compete with the lightest/smallest/loudest 12" cabs out there!

9. Basso Profoundo

Jun 2, 2002
    Indiana
    Yeah, not really sure why they discontinued them, they were pretty pricey at over $600.00 a piece new. That could have been a contributing factor.

10. Marley's Ghost

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    You got me there. But 8 drivers as opposed to 4 adds quite a bit of beef. I've pushed these cabs really hard and they are still going strong after 5 years.

Basso Profoundo, mam1862 and azwipe like this.
  11. Basso Profoundo

Jun 2, 2002
    Indiana
    I was going to shoot for an Ampeg SVT212VR, but you guys have convinced me to hang on to the mini-stack of doom!!

Marley's Ghost and mam1862 like this.
  12. mam1862

mam1862 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Richfield, Ohio
    Good move. I wish I still had mine.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 22, 2021