Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2 coil music man p-up and a 4 way switch

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by stoopidcooper, Oct 29, 2005.

1. I'm kit bashing a warmoth 8 string (dual course) bass. It will have a single music man (2 coil version) p-up. I overwound both coils (20%) and was considering using a tele 4 way switch to wire it in single coil/ parallel / single coil/ series set up... like a 4 way switch tele mod, ussually associated with a neck/bridge tele set. I was also considing inserting a on/off switch running to a capacitor off one of of the coils (prior to the switch) so that I could mute the highs of one of the coils. This would allow me also when switched to just that coil, to mostly mute the octave pair, and get more of a muddy bass tone.

The control set up would be fairly simple, the 4 way switch volume and tone knob, and then the extra on off switch for a capacitor. I was thinking I could drill a hole in a stock tele plate, for the extra mini toggle, and this plate should cover the top rout of the control cavity.

Any thoughts, conflict problems? wiring issues?