1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2 coil music man p-up and a 4 way switch

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by stoopidcooper, Oct 29, 2005.

1. I'm kit bashing a warmoth 8 string (dual course) bass. It will have a single music man (2 coil version) p-up. I overwound both coils (20%) and was considering using a tele 4 way switch to wire it in single coil/ parallel / single coil/ series set up... like a 4 way switch tele mod, ussually associated with a neck/bridge tele set. I was also considing inserting a on/off switch running to a capacitor off one of of the coils (prior to the switch) so that I could mute the highs of one of the coils. This would allow me also when switched to just that coil, to mostly mute the octave pair, and get more of a muddy bass tone.

The control set up would be fairly simple, the 4 way switch volume and tone knob, and then the extra on off switch for a capacitor. I was thinking I could drill a hole in a stock tele plate, for the extra mini toggle, and this plate should cover the top rout of the control cavity.

Any thoughts, conflict problems? wiring issues?