Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2 Custom Basses for Sale...Cheap

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by maxvalentino, Mar 18, 2001.

1. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

I have two custom Washburn Basses for sale which I recieved in a an endorsement deal with them a couple of years ago. Before you blow me off with the "....ah Washburn..." hear this out please. These are not production models, but a custom deluxe, one of a kind basses.
    One is a four string fretted based on their XB900 model. Except, this has a spalted maple top over a mahogany body with a tung oil finish. It also has a 24 fret EBONY (yep!) fretboard set up with the Buzz Feiten tuning system and NO position dots (very clean look). The neck is two piece maple and is equipped with a Hipshot D-Tuner. It has a custom Seymour Duncan/Basslines MM active humbucker and custom Duncan active preamp with 3 band eq and push/pull slap contour. Dunlop straplocks, Gotoh tuners, Hipshot bridge (all black) This bass was made at the Washburn shop in Chicago, and it has NO washburn logo on it....people are always asking me what kind of bass it is! A few minor wear spots, oil finish and all, but very well cared for. Great sound...tight and punchy. A slapper's delight. I have used this bass on numerous sessions and CDS...it records great Includes gig bag and Hard Shell case. $650.00
    The other bass is a NAMM show model of the Washburn AB32 Acoustic BAss Guitar. This deep, full body acoustic features a spruce top with rosewood back and sides, 24 fret rosewood fingerboard on a mahogany neck. It also is equipped with a Fishman Acoustic Matrix piezo system with Fishman pre-amp, and comes with a deluxe hardshell case. $550.00
    or...will trade both for a Rick Turner Renaissance (fretted or fretless) or Rob Allen semi-acoustic/electric.
    Thanks Max Valentino
    ekstasis1@hotmail.com