1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2-dimensional wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by stradivarius151, Feb 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. stradivarius151

stradivarius151

Jan 18, 2014
    I heard about some sort of pedal enclosure made by Dunlop, it was like a wah pedal, but in addition to moving the foot pedal up and down, you could also move it side-to-side, and that mechanism was also connected to another pot, so you had two separate pots, each controllable by the independent movements of the pedal. I think that is a really cool idea, there are a lot of ways you could combine different knobs from other pedals into that to get some really cool expression. But now that I google for that device, I am coming up dry. Does anybody know what I was told about or where I can find one?

2. The only thing I've ever heard of that does this is the Zoom B9.

willbassyeah and bassbrad like this.
  3. Pushead

Pushead

Mar 5, 2007
    Portugal
    Swimming Bird likes this.
  4. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    I remember hearing about that a couple years ago, never saw it in the wild though. Can't confirm that it was made by Dunlop, either.

I think your best bet is a multi expression pedal, companies like Mission and Source Audio make them (the Source Audio Reflex is the king)

5. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Banned

The SA Reflex does heel-toe plus side to side sweeps. You'd need to plug it into a pedal that can be used with an expression pedal.

6. benevan

benevan

May 2, 2002
    Memphis
    There is this

4E_TOP_UP.

ProfFrink likes this.
  7. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Uh, no, the SA Reflex does not do side-to-side sweeps. Where did you get that from?

TheEmptyCell likes this.
  8. TheEmptyCell

I could've sworn I saw a video of a TB user with one of those and it had front to back and side by side travel of the pedal. Maybe it was a Mission Engineering one?

9. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I don't think MI makes any such expression pedals either.

10. TheEmptyCell

Well, I must've been seeing things.