Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2 Epifani 1x10 ul 's?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gyoon, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Gyoon

Gyoon

Nov 12, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    Could anybody describe the sound of this combo? I'm thinking I should make this my ultra portable rig. One in each hand as I'm riding on the subway. Would this give me ample volume for most situations? I'd be using it with my Eden wt 330 head.

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i had this setup, and while it sounded fine, IMHO, a 2x10UL actually puts out way more low end.

another cool 1x10 pair you could try is an Acme B-1 pair. TONS of low end on tap, but you'd prolly want a bigger power section to power them. IMHO, 300 watts to each speaker would give up the goods better.

3. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    +1 Jokeboy is right on the money with this.

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Good points, Joker. The ACME's will certainly have more low end, but if you are using the WT-330, the two T-110UL's should be much easier to drive. But again, the T-210UL would have more lows, I am sure.

Gyoon, if I were you, I'd hold out for that Wizzy, and then you have a single 4 ohm cab that will be more full sounding than two T-110UL's!