2 Essex 5 string necks $80/pr.

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Hambone, Jun 4, 2002.

1. I've got 2 Essex 5 string necks that are new, never mounted or drilled for mounting. The necks are from the Essex BG-205 basses illustrated here:

They are 24 fret models strung 3+2 with a decent peghead shape. The neck measures 1 7/8" at the nut and 2 13/16" at the 24th fret. These are extremely slim in profile - 7/8" at the 5th fret and only 1" at the heel. If you like'em thin this is it!

Though the necks are from identical instruments, they aren't identical in condition. The first one was chosen as the project neck and had the frets redressed, the ends filed, the nut removed for replacement, and the neck oiled. The headstock has had the cheesy blue paint removed to reveal a plain but attractive natural grain when it was oiled. The back of the neck has been stripped of poly finish and had 4 coats of Tung oil applied for a silky smooth finish. Yep this was gonna be the one. Alas, interests in 5'ers has waned so out they go.

The other neck is pretty much untouched. It's main flaw is a small impression of a phillips head screw between the 14th and 15th frets under the D string. Sort of like it had been shipped under another bass and gotten damaged. That's why it was put in 2nd place. It's repairable but it's not easily noticed if nothing were to be done. The rest of the neck is the opposite of the one above. But as I said, it is new, hasn't been drilled or mounted and is very usable in this condition.

The deal is simple and very worthwhile. For a short time only I'll send both necks along with your choice of nut materials: 6061 Aluminum, Black Acrylic, Ivory Corian, or Black Phenolic - enough to do both basses. I've also got the original nut for the first neck. Both necks are included in this deal and you've got to take 'em both. All of this is $80 + shipping of $10 anywhere in the US or Canada. Payment can be Paypal or MO. Shipment upon receipt of the funds. I'll even give a 48 hour refusal period during which you can give 'em a look over. If you don't like the transaction, you can send them back (at your expense of course) and I will refund your payment. A real no-lose deal here.