2 GAS questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jammadave, Jan 28, 2004.

1. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    1. will it ever stop? I'm wanting more basses than ever, and i *already own* more basses than ever!

2. i hate most fenders and yet am sucked in by the pink paisley one! anybody here have one, like it, love it, hate it?
  2. Amorphous

Oct 31, 2003
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Gear Acquisition Syndrom.
  4. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I played one and I thought it was nice. As for the looks... please insert glowing inguts in my eyes. :eek: :D If you get one you are guaranteed the be the first one on your block with one.
  5. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    1. Yes, at some point your eyes will glaze over at the sheer variety and you'll be happy with what you have. I have three bass guitars and I think I could do with one less.

2. Can't help you there, except to say ugg...lee.
  6. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    LOL - it's perfectly okay, my pink-paisley GAS has subsided, but at some point i'd love to snag one of those butterscotch blonde '51 reissues.
  7. kmacleish

Nov 19, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    MMmmmmmmm . . . . . butterscotch . . . . ..
  8. H2ODog

Sep 30, 2003
    Roseville, CA
  9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

GAS never stops. Maybe if I get my ultimate dream Nordstrand? Even if I did, I am sure that I would still want a Bongo, and Dingwall, and whatever shiny new toy comes out next week.

I love the pink paisley P bass!:cool: I actually know two different people who own one, so while I might be the first on the block, I wouldn't be the first in the Dallas area.

Can't justify the expense for something I would rarely play. If they came in a five string,...:p
  10. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    GAS isn't an affliction it is a lifestyle ;) And yes I like that particular Fender as well.
  11. Skerik1

Sep 21, 2002
    Saint Paul, MN
    GAS always has been and always be our plague.

I waited a year and a half for my dream bass (my DHuff custom), and I STILL want more!