Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2 General cab ? / 4 Avatar B212 ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by metalbass101, Jul 14, 2004.

1. metalbass101

metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    I notice some people like to turn their cabs on their sides.I was wondering, is there ANY sound difference from doing that??Is their any potential danger to the cab?I mean I think it would be cool to just roll your cab in and turn it on its side and leave it like that so you dont have to hassel with the casters as much.

I was thinking about getting the Avatar B410 but then I noticed they got 212's.I'm thinking about getting the 212.I like the sound of 12's. .Its cheaper and a little lighter.I've read nothing but good things on it.So would I be wrong to buy this and just use this as my amp untill I can get some 3000 dollar mesa boogie 810 or something?How does this cab do stand alone/ how does it do stand alone campared to the B410/would it really be neccessary for me to get another cab to go with it?

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    The 212 and 410 will sound different, for one thing. Nature of the beast. Usually, 410's sound punchier than 12's, but 12's will sound a bit rounder, more open, and go a tad lower. The 410 has more cone area, so it will be more efficient and sound louder than the 212.

You really need to listen to both and compare for your tastes.

3. PasdaBeer

PasdaBeer

Nov 2, 2002
    Santa Rosa California
    SandStorm Designs
    i just use one of each : )

punch to the gut, and then the solid bottom end