Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2 guitar gig bag

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ga_edwards, Dec 18, 2000.

1. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    A friend of mine, has a gig bag, designed to carry two basses. It looks like a very thick single case, but with 2 zips instead of the usual 1. He said he got it years ago from a shop called Rhino, somewhere in the Midlands (England folks), but I haven't been able to track down the shop, or a similar case.

Any ideas anyone?

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Fender makes a double bass gig bag and it's decent, although I haven't subjected mine to much abuse. I haven't yet been in a situaltion in which I needed two basses but it is a space saver if you don't want to have to deal with cases all the time.

I have no clue where to get one in the U.K., but maybe musician's friend will ship one over.

Will C.:cool:

3. I know that Warwick makes double-gigbags. I have one myself. It's ok. It's very heavy with 2 basses and the Warwick-gigbag does only have ONE strap!!?

Good luck!!!

4. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    Lakland and fodera also make one i think

5. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I bought the double-Fender bag a few months ago; I like it! Too, the Fender bag was about $50; ya can't go too wrong with that.

6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I've got a real sturdy double gig bag made by a company called USA Case. I've used it for the past 4 years, took it on all kinds of gigs, and never had the first bit of trouble with it. I got it when I bought my second Guitar Factory bass, from the GF in Orlando, FL.

As for getting one in Merrie Olde England, I'd suggest contacting Bass Central, as they sell a pretty nice one as well (although I can't remember who makes it, although not as "affordable" as the Fender, it does seem more sturdy and durable. You can contact them on the 'net at:

http://www.basscentral.com

or toll-free at:

1-800-545-8813

Although they're "state-side" they do a great deal of international business and it wouldn't be much trouble for them to ship one to you. Good luck...

7. Peavey also makes a double bass bag, it only came with one strap, but I put on my own padded double shoulder straps and it has worked out pretty well. I've had it a year now and use it 2-3 times a week to carry my basses around. It is a little nicer than the Fender case, the fabrics feel better and it is a little better padded. I would think it would be available in the UK.

8. One other thing about the PV bag is that it will accomodate body styles other than a Fender /Music Man and also has some additional length. I can get my Gibson G3 and long scale, wide bodied 8 string bass in the case without any problem.

9. Yes they do - well, I don't know about Fodera, but Laklands gig bags are made by Under Cover Cases, which are excellent quality. They have 2 shoulder straps, so it's more like wearing a backpack (a heavy backpack with 2 instruments) Mooradian make a decent single and double bag too.

Herm

10. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    Cheers for all your replies m8's. Look's like a trip up to good ole' Tin Pan Alley, there must be something there.

I'm getting a BO thumb in the new year, and I'm half way through building a thru' neck fretless. So one of these cases has got to be worth it.

If only someone would make one that I could fit 2 basses, a strat and an electro acoustic into. Along with the amp of course:))