1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2 guitar gig bag

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ga_edwards, Dec 18, 2000.

1. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    A friend of mine, has a gig bag, designed to carry two basses. It looks like a very thick single case, but with 2 zips instead of the usual 1. He said he got it years ago from a shop called Rhino, somewhere in the Midlands (England folks), but I haven't been able to track down the shop, or a similar case.

Any ideas anyone?

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Fender makes a double bass gig bag and it's decent, although I haven't subjected mine to much abuse. I haven't yet been in a situaltion in which I needed two basses but it is a space saver if you don't want to have to deal with cases all the time.

I have no clue where to get one in the U.K., but maybe musician's friend will ship one over.

Will C.:cool:

3. I know that Warwick makes double-gigbags. I have one myself. It's ok. It's very heavy with 2 basses and the Warwick-gigbag does only have ONE strap!!?

Good luck!!!

4. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    Lakland and fodera also make one i think

5. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I bought the double-Fender bag a few months ago; I like it! Too, the Fender bag was about $50; ya can't go too wrong with that.

6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I've got a real sturdy double gig bag made by a company called USA Case. I've used it for the past 4 years, took it on all kinds of gigs, and never had the first bit of trouble with it. I got it when I bought my second Guitar Factory bass, from the GF in Orlando, FL.

As for getting one in Merrie Olde England, I'd suggest contacting Bass Central, as they sell a pretty nice one as well (although I can't remember who makes it, although not as "affordable" as the Fender, it does seem more sturdy and durable. You can contact them on the 'net at:

http://www.basscentral.com

or toll-free at:

1-800-545-8813

Although they're "state-side" they do a great deal of international business and it wouldn't be much trouble for them to ship one to you. Good luck...

7. Peavey also makes a double bass bag, it only came with one strap, but I put on my own padded double shoulder straps and it has worked out pretty well. I've had it a year now and use it 2-3 times a week to carry my basses around. It is a little nicer than the Fender case, the fabrics feel better and it is a little better padded. I would think it would be available in the UK.

8. One other thing about the PV bag is that it will accomodate body styles other than a Fender /Music Man and also has some additional length. I can get my Gibson G3 and long scale, wide bodied 8 string bass in the case without any problem.

9. Yes they do - well, I don't know about Fodera, but Laklands gig bags are made by Under Cover Cases, which are excellent quality. They have 2 shoulder straps, so it's more like wearing a backpack (a heavy backpack with 2 instruments) Mooradian make a decent single and double bag too.

Herm

10. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    Cheers for all your replies m8's. Look's like a trip up to good ole' Tin Pan Alley, there must be something there.

I'm getting a BO thumb in the new year, and I'm half way through building a thru' neck fretless. So one of these cases has got to be worth it.

If only someone would make one that I could fit 2 basses, a strat and an electro acoustic into. Along with the amp of course:))