Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2 homemade 1x15 bass cabs FS/T

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by mr.redpants, Mar 26, 2003.

1. mr.redpants

mr.redpants

Feb 6, 2002
    Philly
    I have two homemade 1x15 sealed bass cabs MADE IN AMERICA. I made these cabs 22 years ago. They are solid. They measure 18"W, 26¼"H, and 21½"D on the outside. Interior measurements: 17"W, 24¾"H and 20"D. These are built from very good quality plywood, in some places it measures ½ in, and in others it is 5/8 in thick. I loaded the cabs with Sunn Magna Speakers, 8 ohms per cab. The back of the speaker states "Sunn Magna 158, power rating 80 watts RMS, part number 81-0145." I used these cabs for 2 years using a Fender bassman 50W amp. Used maybe once or twice over the last 20 years. They still sound good. Each cab weighs in the 60-70 pound range. They could be used with a head, as extension cabs, sound reinforcement, back up cab, or the start of a custom project ... or buy your favorite speakers and DIY. As you can see, there is enough room for a port and a midrange/tweeter.
    Considering the cost/pound ratio, I will not pack to ship. Local pick up is required. I live near I 95 between Philadelphia and NYC. Please email for pick up info or questions. I am open to trades, but would prefer $300 for the pair.

pics: http://members19.clubphoto.com/kevin692295/1195436/owner-271e.phtml

2. mr.redpants

mr.redpants

Feb 6, 2002
    Philly
    I'd consider trades - got anything I might need? Might need + cash ?
    run it by me.

3. mr.redpants

mr.redpants

Feb 6, 2002
    Philly
    FT for a power amp ? ? ?

4. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    $300 for 2 1x15's that handle 80 watts???

That seems a little high...

5. mr.redpants

mr.redpants

Feb 6, 2002
    Philly
    when I posted this originally there was a single not-as-well-made 1x15 FS at BNW for $250 - obviously I'm open to offers.

6. mr.redpants

mr.redpants

Feb 6, 2002
    Philly
    bttt
    power amp trade ?

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    well, it must be Sunday night/Monday morning official "old thread resurrection" hour.....yikes! :)

-Mike

8. mr.redpants

mr.redpants

Feb 6, 2002
    Philly
    one more time
    and I can email pics :D

9. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    As armada said, there's no way you're going to get away with selling 2 homeade cabs that only handle 80 watts for $300.

You say "not-as-well-made" which may very well be true, but having no "name" to go with your product makes it difficult to sell, and having something that really isn't very practical (80 watts) will be hard to sell as well.

10. mr.redpants

mr.redpants

Feb 6, 2002
    Philly
    stress the OBVIOUSLY part of "obviously I'm open to offers" ...
    make one - $200 picked up?

11. Fourbin

Fourbin

Feb 11, 2003
    You wouldn't happen to beKevin Moon from G.S.? I play in Marc Lynde's band and was curious to see what the cabs looked like.