2 hours away from...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by templelife, Jun 15, 2001.

1. templelife

Apr 24, 2001
    Miami, FL
    Owning my first real amp. After much consideration and searching on TB, I've decided to go with the Super Redhead. I was wondering if you veterens could give me some "Do's and Don'ts" on playing through this amp.

2. Don't play it while sitting in the bath tub or shower.

Don't leave it outside on the door step and/or in the rain.

Don't let somebody talk you into thinking you aren't happy with your decision.

Don't take this seriously

3. templelife

Apr 24, 2001
    Miami, FL
    would a jacuzzi be considered a tub? Man i'm sorry for putting up a shady post, I was just so excited with my new toy I was looking for people to share this with. Thanks for ther advice bgavin.
  4. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    DO : play it @ the volume you want
    Don't: play it @ said volume when rest in house are asleep. :D have fun with the redhead & the amp ;) :D

edit:had to put space between : & P cause a smiley showed up.

5. Naa.. this ain't a shady post at all. Your Redhead is a nice piece of gear. Treat it well, enjoy hell out of it, and don't let anybody say you shoulda bought something else. This whole board is the right place to be proud of your toys. There is another thread here about showing pix of your rig... post some pix when it arrives!
  6. Do: stand as far as you can away from the amp.
    Do: hear how you sound far away.
    Don't: think that because the amp is moving the legs of your pants that any one else can hear it.
    Do: groove.
  7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    From what a friend of mine, who has dealt with several Super Redheads, told me, be careful with the volume. The amp is capable of blowing the internal speakers. Add a cab and it's capable of some pretty good volume.
  8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Congrats! I covet this combo. I'm an Eden kind of guy, but I like the sound of the Super Red better than the Metro. Save up and get a Son of Bertha 115 cab to put under it. It will kill.
  9. templelife

Apr 24, 2001
    Miami, FL
    True, that's what i like to hear. Thanks everyone.