1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2 J.Bolin/N.Steinberger 5 strings (fretted- fretless) RARE!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by musicman909, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Hate to do it, But times are tough and I just haven't been playing these beauties enough to have them sleeping under the bed. Theses basses were a collaborative effort between Ned Steinberger, Who designed them, And John Bolin (ZZ Top, Steve Miller) who built them. First up the fretted version, ebony board,18volt preamp with 1 EMG pickup in the sweet spot & a piezo under each string for more defined articulation for slapping etc.. In see thru black with a killer flamed maple top. Bass is in "As New" condition as is the original case with manual & case candy! Weighs in a very comfortable 8.5lbs! Bass sounds as beautiful as it looks! $1250.00 shipped! Now 1 DAY(1/20) FIRE SALE** $ 1075 SHIPPED!! A TRUE STEAL!!! Next up it's fretless sister!! In Olympic white ( now cream) **SOLD** with same appointments and specs as the fretted version minus the piezo pickup/blend system, only mark is on the back ( paint chip) edge near the lower edge. Bass plays like butter with fretlines extending only under the low "B" string which gives the illusion that it extends under "all" the strings..Great idea! And really helps your intonation! Ebony board 18volt preamp, "Open" peghead similar to an upright..Super cool design!! Weight is 8.5lbs, comes with non original beat but functional case..$ 1050.00 Obo shipped!! These are great world class instruments from World class innovative builders/designers and no longer made!! ..So not only great playing/sounding basses, But also rare & ccollectable..Win Win!! Love to hang on to them, But usually when I do play bass..I hang with my 'ol trusty Lakie 44-94!! But if your a 5er guy, you'll be Very happy! Hope to get pics up soon..Can anyone host for me? Until then please e- mail me direct: capo909@netzero.com
    P.S If you'd like both, I'll do it for $2.000.00 shipped! Thanks & Merry Merry!! :hyper:

2. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Mar 24, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Please post pics!!! I have been looking for a fretted Bolin for years. GAS is hitting hard. Going to post some gear up and try to grab one or both of these if I can.

3. Santa's on the way...As are pics tonight!! :bag:

4. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Pics Please..........:D

5. rms2

rms2

May 27, 2008
    VA
    photo.

fretted5a.

fless5.

fretted5.

fretted5back.

peghead.

flessnecklines.

flessding.

6. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Mar 24, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    I want the black one soooooooo bad. Going to throw up some stuff, including my Valenti, to try and get this. Absolutely gorgeous bass you have there.

7. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    These are both 35" scale, correct?

8. dmonroe

dmonroe

Jun 16, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Couplle of beauties here.

9. Moe Monsarrat

Moe Monsarrat Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Austin, Tx.
    Endorsing artist:Regenerate Guitar Works Carvin, Micheal Kelly Guitars
    Wow.....nice.

10. eban3

eban3 Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Palm Bay FL
    nice basses ...too bad the builder's such an a----e

11. TRichardsbass

TRichardsbass Banned Commercial User

Jun 3, 2009
    Between Muscle Shoals and Nashville
    Bassgearu, Music Industry Consulting and Sales. Tech 21, NBE Corp, Sonosphere.
    Holy S$%%%! Where were these two months ago! I'd already have had $2000 in your hands and these babies in my studio! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

12. Email sent

13. No e-mail received.. Get your groove Rollin' with an Awesome Bolin!! or two...

14. MarkA

MarkA In the doghouse. Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Curious as well.

Is the "hook" on the back of the black one like a folding, upper horn (for balance on a strap) or something else? Is the fretless similarly equipped?

Never seen or heard of these before. Interesting basses.

15. sps500

sps500 In Memoriam

May 19, 2008
    WoW! Major like and major bump for a sweet deal!!!!

16. Pm sent

17. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Mar 24, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Someone buy the fretted one and trade me for my Valenti #61. Man that fretted one is gorgeous. Hopefully my Valenti will sell and I can grab it.

18. Info: in regards to scale..Yes, both instruments are 35" scale. Fretted has
    Self adjusting upper end horn..a very cool & innovative idea similar to Rick Turners' Renaissance Basses' "Dingus" which allows you to perfectly balance the bass. Oly White fretless does not, it has the traditional strap pin , but swing arm can be easily added. Ive been offered some trades (Thanks!) But as I'm pretty well covered,Would prefer to sell outright. One trade I would take exception to would be a Renaissance 4 String fretless, Preferably with Rick's explanation point fretmarkers Just under the low E. Thanks and make it a "Merry" :bassist:week!! Ps Thanks everyone for the nice comments & for hosting my pics. They are both very aesthetically beautiful, innovative & very nice sounding & playing instruments

19. Last Monday before St Nick arrives bumpski.. These basses will warm up any rig.. Snow drifts or not! Go 49ers!!

20. TNCreature

TNCreature Jinkies! Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Philadelphia Burbs
    Whoo-Hoo! :)