1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2 J.Bolin/N.Steinberger 5 strings (fretted- fretless) RARE!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by musicman909, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Oly white fretless is gone...(thanks Mark..Enjoy!!) Trans- ebony fretted remains...Mmm... GREAT!! :cool:

2. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Bump for a wonderful instrument. $1250 is an unbelievable price for the fretted.

3. Thanks msquared...It is..And it is!! :bassist: Countdown to Claus...

4. nebmbass

nebmbass

Dec 14, 2011
    Portland ME
    Any recordings? Or, what's a good comparison/description of its sound?

5. MarkA

MarkA In the doghouse. Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2008
    For the record, I am not the Mark referred to here. At least I'm pretty sure I'm not. Santa?

6. Best comparisons I can make would be the definition & clarity of a Stingray, with the warmth of a vintage Lakland ( Bartolini) And the "B" string is to die for!! And yes, Sorry Mark A, it's another Mark..Santa hopefully will style you out Next Christmas..Get your wishes in early! Still can start the New Year with a New friend..Fretted 5 she's ready!!:hyper:

7. Bass dreams can come true!! New Year, New Bass?? :bassist:

8. Take your playing to HIGHER heights!! :hyper:

9. It's the end of the year, As we know it! Survive it with a "New" Year's tonefully beautiful friend!! :cool:

10. In this New Year, Keep on Rollin Rollin Rollin, with this killer Bolin Bolin Bolin!!!

11. Short week! Fantastic Bass!!;)

12. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    Sound clips of the fretted by chance?

13. MB, Sorry to say no, But she's defiantly tonally Sweet!! And plays just as well. And as you can see, she's very easy on the eyes too!! To the top of the Pops ( bumpski) for the late crowd!! :smug:

14. Back to the top!! :bassist:

15. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    Man....I want that bass.....trying to figure something out over here....

16. Hope " We can work it out" MB, And anyone else!!

17. TNCreature

TNCreature Jinkies! Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Philadelphia Burbs
    Everyone, I bought the white one. The bass itself sounds woody, almost like an upright, but the EMG sounds, well, like an EMG. It's hard to describe, but you get a blend of both of those elements in the sound.
    Now the black one is a different configuration, so I can 't say that it will sound the same.
    Mark

18. Thanks Mark! Hope you enjoy her as much as I did..And yes the fretted is a total different animal, Especially with the piezo pickup.. Possible deal in the works in regards to the fretted...So if you've been on the fence..Git off!! :eyebrow:

19. Potential buyer had family emergency and had to drop out, So this fine filly is still available..There's a guitar that I've been wanting that came available..So make me an offer, Although this is already a fantastic price on a fantastic bass..If you really want it, Don't be shy!! :ninja: Cause " If you want it, here it is Come & get it!! Make your mind up FAST!! :hyper:

20. Come on Down!! Please, Please, Please don't make me go to GC!! ( guitar center) This baby deserves better!... YOU!! :help: