2 Metros + 1 NY

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by simongpaez, Mar 1, 2005.

1. What would you rather have 2 Metros (lets say a 4 and a 5 string) or 1 NY???
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Depends how much i liked each one. Status and value doesnt matter. If i liked 1 metro better than 3 NY's, id take the metro. So if the NY made me happy, yes. If i needed 2 metros to satisfy my needs that i couldnt get in just one bass, id take 2.
  3. For pure gigging and making music: two Metros.

But I love figured maple tops or koa so I'd get the NYC...which I've done time and time again.
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    MMmmm <3 Koa. Thats true, a Koa sadowsky NY would make me so happy :) BUT id need a Sterling too ;) heh.
  5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I'd have to say 3 NYC's. :)

But that's just me.
  6. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    If you can't make up your mind between Ash/Maple and Alder/Rosewood, I'd say get two Metros.
  7. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

If I didn't have any basses (or any I really liked) then I would go for 2 Metros (buying just one at first to make sure I liked it).

I already have some basses I like, so I ordered a NYC.
  8. I Have a Vintage NYC now and I LOVE it!! I am SERIOUSLY GASsing for a 70's Retro Metro though just cause I dig the vibe and I know that no matter whether you get a Metro or a NYC it is still 100% Sadowsky and that is good enough for me......BTW I want a Vintage Tint Maple/Ash 5 string with Block inlays and White binding...yum yum!!

- another BTW... If I wind up with 10 Sadowskys (a possibility cause I luv em so!) they will all have the Vintage Tone Control (VTC) this is one of the most indespensable things I have EVER used on a bass guitar!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT IF YOU GET a Saddy!!!

Peace and Chicken Grease,

9. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

I'd have to say 2 NYC's and 1 metro!!! Thats my recipe. Would like to sprinkle a 24 fret 5 and a '70's UV on top when they are available

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I'm going to have one Sadowsky only, a NY 5-24. Yum. It's going to be a long wait.
  11. newchibass

May 21, 2004

That's one SWEET arsenal. I'm so jealous... :bawl:
  12. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    If I'm looking for tone and performance I'd, did, go Metro.
    If I was interested in tone and a custom top I'd have to go NY. This one works for me!!

Attached Files:

13. mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    No brainer: 2 Metros...4 and 5...or vintage and modern...or J and P (when available)...or fretted and fretless (when available).
  14. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    2 Metros. A black MV5 and a fretless sunburst RS4.
  15. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    2 Metros.One of the new vintage with Maple neck and Ash body and a modern 5er!

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

For gigging i would take the 2 metros one Vintage 5 and one 24 fret 5 to cover all the tones, both would be ash/maple. :)
  17. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    It depends in the situation: if I were steadily gigging and if Metros were available fretless I'd go that route and pick one of each in a M5-24. If I was in a "recording" or only doing an occassional gig, a full-blown NYC would be my choice.
  18. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    We're showing pics?!?!?! :)

Just pic a Tort pg on this one and it looks KILLER!!!!

The newest one in my collection:

And the one that started it all!!!!
  19. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove

I agree.
    Looking forward, when/if I get a Sadowsky 4, it will be a NYC with some pretty top and such.
    But for pure gigging, like Jim said..............dos Metro