1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2 Metros + 1 NY

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by simongpaez, Mar 1, 2005.

1. What would you rather have 2 Metros (lets say a 4 and a 5 string) or 1 NY???

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Depends how much i liked each one. Status and value doesnt matter. If i liked 1 metro better than 3 NY's, id take the metro. So if the NY made me happy, yes. If i needed 2 metros to satisfy my needs that i couldnt get in just one bass, id take 2.

3. For pure gigging and making music: two Metros.

But I love figured maple tops or koa so I'd get the NYC...which I've done time and time again.

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    MMmmm <3 Koa. Thats true, a Koa sadowsky NY would make me so happy :) BUT id need a Sterling too ;) heh.

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I'd have to say 3 NYC's. :)

But that's just me.

6. If you can't make up your mind between Ash/Maple and Alder/Rosewood, I'd say get two Metros.

7. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

If I didn't have any basses (or any I really liked) then I would go for 2 Metros (buying just one at first to make sure I liked it).

I already have some basses I like, so I ordered a NYC.

8. I Have a Vintage NYC now and I LOVE it!! I am SERIOUSLY GASsing for a 70's Retro Metro though just cause I dig the vibe and I know that no matter whether you get a Metro or a NYC it is still 100% Sadowsky and that is good enough for me......BTW I want a Vintage Tint Maple/Ash 5 string with Block inlays and White binding...yum yum!!

- another BTW... If I wind up with 10 Sadowskys (a possibility cause I luv em so!) they will all have the Vintage Tone Control (VTC) this is one of the most indespensable things I have EVER used on a bass guitar!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT IF YOU GET a Saddy!!!

Peace and Chicken Grease,

T

9. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

I'd have to say 2 NYC's and 1 metro!!! Thats my recipe. Would like to sprinkle a 24 fret 5 and a '70's UV on top when they are available

Rob

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I'm going to have one Sadowsky only, a NY 5-24. Yum. It's going to be a long wait.

11. newchibass

newchibass

May 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Bikeplate:

That's one SWEET arsenal. I'm so jealous... :bawl:

12. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    If I'm looking for tone and performance I'd, did, go Metro.
    If I was interested in tone and a custom top I'd have to go NY. This one works for me!!

Attached Files:

13. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    No brainer: 2 Metros...4 and 5...or vintage and modern...or J and P (when available)...or fretted and fretless (when available).

14. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    2 Metros. A black MV5 and a fretless sunburst RS4.

15. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    2 Metros.One of the new vintage with Maple neck and Ash body and a modern 5er!

16. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

For gigging i would take the 2 metros one Vintage 5 and one 24 fret 5 to cover all the tones, both would be ash/maple. :)

17. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    It depends in the situation: if I were steadily gigging and if Metros were available fretless I'd go that route and pick one of each in a M5-24. If I was in a "recording" or only doing an occassional gig, a full-blown NYC would be my choice.

18. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    We're showing pics?!?!?! :)

Just pic a Tort pg on this one and it looks KILLER!!!!
    Sadowsky_V4_C.

The newest one in my collection:
    Sadowsky24F5JJ1.

And the one that started it all!!!!
    Sadowsky_24F5_Fullb.

19. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.

I agree.
    Looking forward, when/if I get a Sadowsky 4, it will be a NYC with some pretty top and such.
    But for pure gigging, like Jim said..............dos Metro