1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2 Morley effects Blenders broken

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Riley R, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Riley R

Riley R

Feb 10, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Recentley i was in need of an effects blender and the morley FX blender was mentioned so I thought I would try it out. well when I recieved it from MF it was awesome but then after about 20 minutes of playing the blended signal went out and with the pedal pressed down for a saturated sound there was little to no signal. after checking my cords and other pedals I returned the unit because it was defective. Now I just recieved the new one last week and the same thing is happening. could that be possible 2 defective units or is the pedal just junk overall. has anybody else had any experience with these pedals. Oh by the way I also just ordered the Xotic Xblender because I read so many good reviews I was tired of being burned by morley.

2. I have absolutely no experience with that pedal as such, but are you sure its not a power issue? Are you running the blenders off a common adaptor? Does the adaptor get really hot?

It Would seem odd to get 2x faulty units, but you never know...

For considerably less than the xblender, there are the Barge Concept VFB-2 blenders to consider as well.

3. Riley R

Riley R

Feb 10, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    I use the furman pedal board so I don't think its the power, I figure just a faulty design

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    One other possibility is they sent you the exact same defective one back the second time. It's happened to a couple of other TB'ers that way.

5. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    San Francisco, CA, USA
    +1... I'm pretty sure that's the case. MF is sleazy like that...

I've rarely heard of a Morley pedal failing, unless it was an old chrome one from the 1970s. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but they don't have a track record for problems like that.

6. Riley R

Riley R

Feb 10, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    No I don't think so, I didn't want to wait for the exchange time so I just returned that one and bought a new one. The girl even gave me free 2 day shipping on the other one. also the first one had a huge chunk of velcro on the bottom that I could not get off, the 2nd one was brand new. its to bad because it was sweet before it started going bad. No big deal I guess I got an X blender on the way though.

7. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    FWIW, the X-Blender is awesome, it's what I use.