1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2 New Overwater Custom basses almost done

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ryanowens, May 29, 2012.

1. ryanowens

ryanowens Commercial User

Feb 1, 2004
    Houston
    Trickfish Amplificaton
    I wrote a quick blog page about 2 new Overwater basses I am having made. One is a 33" scale downsized Jazz bass and the other is a 33" scale Scott Devine model:

Check it out here:

ryanowens.net

Thanks Scott Devine for the design inspiration can't wait to get to play these basses!

2. ryanowens

Feb 1, 2004
    Houston
    Trickfish Amplificaton
    UPDATE, just added updated pictures and both basses should be shipped out this week.

www.ryanowens.net

3. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Those are some sweet looking basses. Looking forward to a full review once you get them.

4. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    ^ What he said!

5. ryanowens

Feb 1, 2004
    Houston
    Trickfish Amplificaton
    I will be sure to do a review once they come in.

The guys at Overwater have been exceptional to deal with and have communicated with me along the entire process from choosing the wood blanks, working on exact finishes, scale length, string spacing, radius, pick guard etc....

6. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks I build Grosbeak Guitars and Basses Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Grosbeak Guitars
    the neck on the Jazz looks super tiny! I really love the design and pickup placement on the 5.

Looking forward to the review.

7. ryanowens

Feb 1, 2004
    Houston
    Trickfish Amplificaton
    Yea the Jazz is 33" scale with 17mm string spacing. Should be nice and small.

I have a Fodera 5 right now with 17mm spacing so I am used the the tightness, It will be interesting to experience that feel on a 4 string.

The body is downsized as well so I'm hoping it balances out in the end to be a reduced size jazz bass that is extremely comfortable to play.

The finish on the Jazz is a 2 tone sunburst but in a this satin finish so it will feel closer to the finish of my old worn out 1965 Fender Jazz.

8. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks I build Grosbeak Guitars and Basses Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Grosbeak Guitars
    I dig it man. Nice job on the straps too!

9. ryanowens

Feb 1, 2004
    Houston
    Trickfish Amplificaton
    Updated the blog today.
    the basses are done and look great! Now I just need to wait for them to come across the pond!
    www.ryanowens.net

10. ryanowens

Feb 1, 2004
    Houston
    Trickfish Amplificaton
    I just posted a review video of the basses not that I finally have them!

www.ryanowens.net